Headaches

Even with Ryla around, Dashi still made us go to class. Yay.

"I know you don't want to." She had said as she pushed both Koshi and me out the door, "but it's for your own good." 'Our own good' yeah. She's not the one who has to spend hours a day with Inkling (the Captain decided to give us a more "normal" school day, so Inkling could keep us for a maximum of 4 hours and then give us to Peso and Shellington)

On Mayo Clinic it actually said that boredom shortens your life span. In that case, I should have died two days ago. Inkling is THAT boring. But nevertheless, Dashi threatened to ground me for a month if I didn't go off to unprofitable boredom, so I went. I met Pinto outside of the door, and it was a mutual agreement between the two of us, 'let's sit in the middle of the hallway until Inkling drags us inside cos we want to spend as little time as we can away from his class.' So we sat down across from the library, and just stared at the door because we could.

"So, what are you doing here?" Pinto finally asked.

"Whatever you're doing here." I shrugged.

"So you're here to give me a kiss." His voice and his face lit up with so much hope that I felt the tiniest pang of guilt when I slapped him in the face, more gently than I usually would've.

"Saumensch." He muttered, rubbing his cheek.

"There's your kiss." I teased him, and gave him a soft fist to the flipper as the doors to the library slid open to reveal a very irate octopus, oh f-. We were in so much trouble.

"Children! What on Earth are you two doing out here!? Class was supposed to start 5 minutes ago!"

"Nothing!" We both chorused as quickly as we could and scurried into the library, making a face the second we were out of his line of sight. Oh boy, another day, another intolerable session of boredom.
—————————————————————
But Pinto and I had our ways of repaying Inkling. In fact, I'm pretty sure these ways are the reason he likes Squirt and Koshi more than us.

That night after dinner, Koshi and Squirt were allowed to go out on a sightseeing tour with Ryla and Shellington while Pinto and I went to the library with Inkling, and we didn't make life easy for him.

"May you two kindly stop attempting to murder each other?!" Inkling shrieked in exasperation. Pinto and I immediately looked at him and froze, Pinto's flippers still clamped around my neck and my foot dangerously close to his crotch. Inkling began marching towards us and pulled us away from one another.

"Right! I want both of you to stand in the corner and think about what you've done. Quick, quick." Pinto and I both trudged to opposite corners of the room. I stood there for what seemed like hours, staring at the maroon wallpaper, and bouncing up and down in impatience, my mind practically exploding with boredom until Professor Inkling finally said curtly,

"Come to me now, both of you." We both practically bounced off of the wall and ran towards him, right into his trap.

"Why on earth were you two fighting? There really isn't any need for that sort of roughness... Incredibly dangerous... It's a wonder neither of you are hurt..." Uggggghhhhhhh. We fell for it, and so we stood there all through his lecture, more mind-numbingly bored than we'd both been in a long time until finally, FINALLY! It was over, but we had another unpleasant surprise waiting.

"It's almost bedtime, and I would like both of you to have a bath tonight." The Professor looked at us sternly.

"Oh, come on! Do we have to?" I protested.

"We already had one two days ago!" Pinto exclaimed.

"Yes." The Professor shook his head, "Two days is a little long to go without a bath."

We both rolled our eyes at him. Having Inkling as a babysitter was always "so much fun" and I "always" looked forward to it.