The Worst Plan Ever Imagined

"Saumensch!" Pinto hissed in my ear, and I jumped.

"Arschloch, what- don't do that again!" He snickered, and I saw the glimmer of mischief dancing in his eyes, "You did it, didn't you?" He nodded slightly and a burst of excitement went off in me. I grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him close.

"You crazy Saukerl." I whispered, but I was smiling.

"So, um, how long are we waiting?" He asked.

"All the pajamas are in the laundry now, so the Vegimals will be putting them on our beds tonight and Dashi makes us keep our pajamas on our beds anyways so Koshi's not gonna open the drawer until the morning, so they'll find out then I think."

"Morning?" Pinto asked and groaned, "but that'll take a million years."

"Yeah, I know." I leaned against the wall. It did seem like a long time to wait for a prank.

"Should we do another one then?" Pinto asked mischievously.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes but I was smiling. He knew me too well.

"Who should we do it on?" As he asked me, I could see him nodding in a certain feline's direction.

"I mean, he'll be good about it, and it won't get us in too much trouble. The question is how should we prank him."

"Mustard in his kelp cake? I found that pastry filling thingy the Vegimals used the other day." He suggested halfheartedly.

"Alright." I wasn't one to argue. It would be pretty funny, and Kwazii wouldn't just not fall for it. If there was food in his sight, he'd eat it in a second.

We rummaged through the kitchen cupboards, looking high and low for the pastry filler.

"Where did the Vegimals put it?" Pinto growled, his flipper stuck deep in a drawer, "They can only reach like 2 drawers anyways!" My eyes fell on a long, narrow tube that looked like one of those things you use to squeeze Play-Doh out of.

"Is that it?" I pointed towards the tube and Pinto snatched it up without a second to spare.

"Got it!" He yelled triumphantly as I tried to shush him to no avail. I rushed to the fridge to get the mustard, and poured it in the thing as Pinto squeezed the mustard into the kelp cakes. With shaking flippers, he planted the disaster waiting to happen right in front of Kwazii's spot at the table. As expected, he ate them immediately, and also as expected, spit them right out. We didn't stick around to see what happened and ran for our lives.

He caught up to us, and two crushing paws were wrapped around us as Kwazii began mercilessly tickling us.

"How-dare-you-ye-little-mateys!" He got out between laughs and affectionately rubbing our heads. He finally ceased tickling us and leaned down, "I have to admit, you got me good, ye little tykes. Great work, you've made this pirate proud." By now, Dashi had appeared behind him, and she didn't look happy. Oh f-, dealing with my sister was not in the plan.

"Jane, I'm waiting on an explanation for the mustard in the kelp cake." She stared me down firmly. My sister could be very scary at times.

"Ah don't scare the wee ones, Dashi." Kwazii put a paw on my sister's shoulder, "Let them be kids while they still can." From the looks of it, Dashi's not killing me (thankfully). But she will once she finds out tomorrow. I glanced at Pinto, and we were thinking the same thing. Running for our lives doesn't really sound like a bad idea now.