The Final Evening

We all sat in the Gallery, boredom and drudgery looming over us. Inkling took one look at us, and picked himself up from his seat.
"Alright, time to go now!" He shook Kwazii out of a doze, and dragged him to the exit, "Thank you for putting up with this." We all followed, stretching and blinking tiredly, finally happy to be free of old person politics. Once we reached the outside, Kwazii started yelling,
"Race ya to the bus, lil mateys!" Oh, there was no way any of us could've resisted that. All of us ran toward him, and followed him, leaping onto the bus. I guess everyone was sick of being cooped up in Parliament, because we were a little too wild on the bus. Half of us were standing up, gripping onto the seat in front of us, and the Vegimals were rolling up and down the aisle until Bella pulled over in a nice neighborhood.
"I don't wanna stop the bus," She called out to us, "But I can't have you all standing and the Vegimals rolling in the aisle, it's dangerous!"
"Everyone please sit down," The captain ordered in a gentle way, picking the Vegimals up and settling each one of them into a seat. Once we arrived home, and piled into the living room, the captain sat in the very center of us all.
"Does anyone want to call the Octopod?" He smiled mischievously, the expression looked odd on his typically serious face, "I'm sure no one'll mind!" We mumbled and clapped in agreement, and the captain turned on the tablet, chuckling.
"Hello, Bianca, how are you?" The captain was beaming widely.
"Barnacles, is that you?" Bianca sounded tired, "It's 3 in the morning." The captain looked horrified and embarrassed at the same time.
"I-I'm so sorry, Bianca! I forgot about the time differences, sorry for waking you." He stuttered.
"Oh, it's all right, Barnacles." She smirked, "Goodnight, or good afternoon for you!"
"Goodnight, Bianca." The captain was blushing a bright red that clashed brilliantly with the pale white of his fur. Kwazii had been grinning at the captain, trying to stifle his giggles for some time now, but now, he couldn't anymore. Neither could any of us, we all giggled, and all the Vegimals immediately jumped into the Captain's lap.
"Now," the captain regained his composure, but still bouncing a Vegimal in his lap, "do all of you want to go out or just have a quiet night in?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"HAHA! I beat ya AGAIN!" Tweak yelled triumphantly at Kwazii. We had been playing games for the past few hours, and needless to say, Tweak was beating Kwazii at all of them. They had been going at this for the whole afternoon, fighting with each other over how many games they won. We had played "Red Light, Green Light" for a while, but quit after Tweak and Kwazii started pushing one another. Now everyone was listening to Tweak and Kwazii fight, exhausted and surrounded by a bunch of open boxes. It seemed like we had dug out every game in the apartment, and threw them all over the living room. We all were bone tired from playing all day long, but we had to clean up. The Captain had led the effort, and we all cleaned up, picking up the pieces underneath the couch and folding up the game boards. By the time we finished, the Vegimals were getting sleepy, and everyone else was starving. 
"Alright, anyone want to cook?" The captain asked, looking around. The Vegimals all chirped happily, and jumped in the air, yawning, their eyelids drooping down as they spoke.
"No." Shellington smiled sweetly, lifting 6 of the Vegimals into his lap, "You've all had a long day today, and you need your rest, let us take care of it."
"So, takeout then?" Tweak asked, looking around to confirm with everyone. We all looked around too, and agreed, takeout it was. The captain ordered for everyone, and we all sat down on and around the couch to just relax. Dashi, Tweak, and Kwazii were playing a game on Dashi's phone, and trying to beat up this "Zeta" person. The captain, Bella, and Shellington were watching a documentary on something, Koshi and Squirt were reading, Inkling was reading a story to the Vegimals while they sat on his tentacles, and cuddled him while Peso sat in front of Inkling, holding the remaining Vegimals. Pinto and I had a deck of cards and were playing "Go Fish" with each other, everything was peaceful, quiet, and too good to last.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at the clock, 10:40 PM. It had been around an hour since Dashi sent us to "bed". At the moment, everyone in the group was working in silence trying to fill up all the goody bags we had bought last night.
"So," Bella broke the silence awkwardly, "What happened in France, and why won't any of you let Kwazii near any paintings?"
"Oh, we can't even begin to tell you." Tweak chuckled, but her voice immediately changed to her 'what an idiot!' tone"He broke an old painting when we went to the art museum." 
"He was trying to do Kung-Fu, and he kicked the frame, his foot completely cut through it." I added. We all laughed, our time in France went wrong, but it was still hilarious.
"Hey Bell," Tweak wheezed, "Did I tell you 'bout the fireplace?"
"Tweak, it's 11." Dashi reminded her, "We have to get up at 5:30 tomorrow, and we're all finished, are we?"
"Yep, that we are." Tweak replied, "I guess it's time to hit the hay now, goodnight!"
"Goodnight!" We all called out to her. Dashi turned back to Koshi and me.
"Time for bed."
"Do we have to?" I asked.
"Yes. See you in the morning."