Trains to Nowhere

We all lurched forwards and backwards as the train stopped abruptly. I grabbed Codish, who was sitting in my lap, as tightly as I could so he wouldn't hit head on the table. 
"What happened?" Koshi asked, still slightly rattled by the sudden stop. 
"I think we have an obstruction on the rails." Professor Inkling said, "That's the only theory I can think of for why we would have to stop so quickly."
"What fool would do that?" Squirt asked.
"I don't know?" I responded in a tone dripping withe sarcasm, "Maybe someone with intelligence above yours?" He stuck his tongue out at me, as Koshi rolled her eyes, and Inkling put a tentacle to his head.
"Ohhhh," Shellington groaned from the next compartment. The horror I felt at the moment was reflected in everyone's eyes and etched into their faces. Our instincts took over; we stood up, raced out of the compartment, and threw the door to his wide open. Our expressions of horror only grew wider at what we saw. A container of some sort of runny white liquid had bust open, and was leaking everywhere in the compartment.
"What on Earth?" Professor Inkling sounded just as confused and freaked out as Koshi, Squirt and I were.
"Oh, very sorry!" He rambled, "I spilled some of the Vegimals' milk, oh, um-I'll clean it up!"
"Don't sweat it, dear boy." Inkling responded, "We'll help you clean it." All the Vegimals in the compartment with us chirped in agreement, and began cleaning it up. After we got most of the milk off of the ground, the Vegimals started chattering excitedly, and sticking out their little flippers as if they were reaching for something. 
"Oh, sorry Vegimals!" Shellington exclaimed, "Here you go." And he gave each one of them a sippy cup full of milk. The Vegimals gratefully accepted it, and started guzzling the milk down hungrily.
"How much longer till we get to London?" Shellington leaned over toward the professor, "That was the last of the Vegimals' milk, and I need to get more for them."
"We were supposed to be at the train station at about 10:45, but this delay will probably slow us until around 11:05 or so." Shellington nodded, and we went back to our compartment just as the train started moving and threw us all onto the floor. We ended up paying one more trip to Peso's compartment than we wanted to on this trip. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It turns out that some stupid creatures from a nearby village were throwing rocks onto the tracks, so we had to stop. We ended being half an hour late to the train station, which was better than we had expected. But once we got to the station, the plan was that Bella would meet us by the exit with the bus, and we'd ride home with her, but we soon found out that this was wishful thinking. I know that we said she'd drive the bus to Italy, but she immediately changed her plans when she saw how much plane tickets to the U.K. cost. We got lost in the station, again. And when we got to the exit, there was no bus. We waited and waited, but she still wasn't coming. At this moment, we were all getting worried. Inkling called her, and everything immediately fell into place. Bella had gone to King's Cross instead of Charing Cross, having gotten the 2 stations mixed up. We were all extremely fed up with transportation at this point, and we didn't want to trouble her any further, so we decided to just suck it up and go to King's Cross to meet her. We decided to take the London Underground to save time. But the downside to this was that we had to run down 4 flights of stairs, and found out that the Octonauts not only shake up the train station, but also subway stations. When we had to go through the things where after you slide the ticket, the door will open then close, whatever they're called, Kwazii thought it was a race, so he used his "cat-like quickness" to try to beat the thingy. He ended up beating it, now here's why Tweak says that cats are better known for physical quickness, and not intellectual quickness. He ran out, and ran head first into Dashi, knocking her clean off her feet. Peso and Tweak immediately surged forward, Peso in obvious fear, picking my sister off of the ground and onto her feet to check her over, and Tweak to slap Kwazii over the head and yell at him. As a result of this, we ended up missing our subway by such an infinitesimal amount, we could've just jumped onto the back, and rode that way. But there were too many of us, and let's face it, the Captain and Professor would never let us. At this point, we had another half an hour until the next train came, so Shellington suggested we go to the store inside the station and buy the Vegimals some milk. We went into the store, and miraculously, Kwazii didn't get us kicked out! We got the milk and went back to the waiting area, which was practically empty. Shellington knelt down by the bench and placed the Vegimals' sippy cups along the bench.
"Children!" He called out to us, "Can you all come here for a quick second?" We all ran up to him, desperate for something to do.
"I have 12 bottles of milk I need to fill, can you help me fill them and keep the Vegimals company please? I know it's a lot to ask, and I understand if you don't want to."
"Oh no, we can handle it, Shellington!" Squirt said, and we all nodded our agreement.
"Wonderful!" He exclaimed, "Jane and Pinto, you two watch them while Koshi, Squirt and I fill the bottles. Children, let's do this!" After playing with the Vegimals for far shorter than 30 minutes it felt like, the train came. This time we all sprinted through the doors, hoping no one got left behind. Thank goodness no one did, but as we finally got through the doors, and went up another 4 flights of stairs to the pick-up area, the Professor got another call from Bella.
"Where are you all?" She was saying, "I've just arrived at Charing Cross, and you aren't here."
We all groaned, and the Vegimals fainted. We have to do all that again?!