Kid's Politics

"The election's comin' up, Dash, should we vote?" Tweak asked my sister, "I mean, I don't want that idiot Donald Rump as president any longer." I was kneeling by the barrel at Tweak's room where she and Dashi were sitting, talking about the upcoming election. It was around midnight, and Dashi and Tweak were still up, talking about the election. I had snuck downstairs an hour ago, and physically couldn't take my ears off of it.
Dashi sighed, "I don't know, Tweak. We're right off the coast of Florida, and we could go and vote, you're 18, right?" she asked. They had been discussing the election for a long LONG time, and I could understand why. No sane person wanted Rump as president any longer.
"I could call my Pa" Tweak suggested, "We're both voting for Bider and Hairris, she'll be the first lady bunny as a Vice President." She immediately stopped talking and wiggled her ears slightly.
"I hear something." she said quietly, "Something...small. It musta snuck onto the Octopod." And she pounced.
"Aha, gotcha!" She whispered triumphantly, seeing as how most of the Octopod was asleep,
"Well I was half right, come here you little hellhound, you!" And she picked me clear off the ground.
"Jane!" Dashi scolded, "What are you doing up? It's..." She showed me her watch. "11:50 P.M."
"I wasn't tired." I replied, "And I heard you talking about the election. I think you 2 should go and vote. I wouldn't want everyone back in Detroit and Tweak's dad to suffer under Rump for another 4 years." Tweak raised her eyebrow.
"Well, you little hellhound, I don't think that you're at the age for politics yet. You're 9."
"And 1 quarter." I added.
She chuckled, "And a quarter. But anyways, I've seen adults lose their minds over politics, they've turned into monsters over an opinion! I don't want you near that, K?"
"Yeah, O.K." I said, and yawned slightly.
"Looks like someone's tired." Dashi said, smiling at me, "Time for bed, you! Bye, Tweak, see you when this one's asleep." And she led me back to our room and put me to bed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dashi, Tweak, and Ranger Marsh came back to his truck, Koshi and I were sitting in the back, impatiently waiting for them to come back from the voting booths. We had begged to come when they told us about the voting, just outta curiosity. They came back after around 15 minutes, looking very proud with stickers saying, "I voted" on them.
"Well, girls, we did it!" Tweak said jubilantly, "We've tried to kick out President Butthole to the best of our ability!"
I've been listening in on adults talking about politics long enough to know that "President Butthole" was a special name for Rump. I liked the name, it fit him perfectly. After being driven back to where the Octopod was, and a million stories about Tweak as a baby bunny, the wait began. Waiting for election results were stressful, and it took a long time. The results would be announced on November 3rd. It was October 30th. 4 days seemed like too long to wait for the stupid election. November 3rd came and went, still no results, and we were going stir crazy, since we were all so on edge to know the future of our country. we checked the results everyday. And suddenly one week after the election, when my sisters and I were still asleep, Tweak burst into our room, looking flustered.