Secret Outings

"That's for you to know another day, Pinto!" The captain smiled, "I'd suggest you all get some sleep now. I've got something big planned for you tomorrow."
"What is it?!" 5 people and the Vegimals all chorused at the same time.
"It's a surprise." The Captain said, "But I'm sure you'll all love it."
"Tell me what it is, please Captain!"  Pinto exclaimed.
"Yeah, Barney," Kwazii teased, "Tell us!" The captain chuckled and ruffled Kwazii's fur affectionately, making it stick up. Kwazii flattened it, smirking in amusement, but didn't say anything else. Little by little, the small cozy living room started to empty out. First the Vegimals started to get sleepy, then Shellington followed them upstairs, and then Dashi practically dragged Koshi and I upstairs for bed. She made us brush our teeth, take showers, and let us play for a while before bedtime. Koshi and I sat on our sleeping bags, which were right beside each other. She was reading Donna Doxy while I read over her shoulder, talking to her every few sentences, and watching her get more and more annoyed with every joke I cracked. Dashi walked in, and turned out the lights.
"Alright, time to sleep." We both groaned and started to protest.
"Yeah, yeah, I know going to bed's not fun, but you two need your sleep!" She playfully scolded. We got under our covers grudgingly, and she tucked us in. 
"Goodnight." She whispered, kissing both of our foreheads, "please don't fight me." 
"We won't." I said, "but we're not going to sleep either." Koshi nodded.
"Alright." She said, rolling her eyes. She may be our guardian, but she was still our big sister. "Just try to stay quiet. I'm sure that the Vegimals are asleep, and I'll bet the rest of the boys are too." I raised my eyebrows and smirked. They were probably having a harder time getting Pinto and Kwazii to go to bed down there. But any more arguing on bedtime was cut short when Bella and Tweak entered. 
"Hey," Tweak sat down by Dashi on the twin mattress, "No luck getting the little gremlins to go to sleep?"
"None." She responded, shaking her head, "If we don't get them to sleep soon, it's gonna be even harder to wake them up in the morning, and I am not giving this one (She pointed in my direction) coffee."
"I think I know a way to tire these little ones out." Bella smiled a thoughtful and mischievous smile.
"How?" Dashi looked relieved.
"You'll see."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We pulled over in front of a large building, the lights on its signs burned against the dark night sky, and I blinked to adjust my eyes to it. Tweak groaned,
"We're going shopping?"
"Yep!" Bella said cheerfully, "and you're gonna like it!"
"No. I won't." Tweak growled playfully.
"You will," Bella grinned, elbowing her.
"Bella, you didn't have to do this." Dashi began.
"Oh, it's no trouble at all." She assured, "I needed to run some errands, and this is just knocking out 2 cans with one stone." And she walked off so quickly we all jogged to keep up. She handed Tweak a list of all the things she needed, and as Tweak read it aloud, I realized it was a list consisting mostly of snack foods and small toys.
"I was hoping to give everyone a surprise to get them through the flight. We'll get the things today, and put them together tomorrow." She explained. We spent the next hour or so running around the store, looking for one thing or another. It was fun, especially when Koshi accidentally busted open a glue bottle and we tried to cover it up as best as we could. Finally, we got everything we needed, and went to the nonexistent check up line. We were close to the only people in the store; it was 11 P.M. after all. And after we bought all the stuff, we got back into the van and drove home. The trip must have been more tiring than I thought, because when I got back to our room and laid down, I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.