Foreign Troubles

It turns out the Captain got lost on the way to find us since it was dark, and the front lights on the bus broke. We were all so tired at this point, we contemplated begging Bella's friend, Giorgio to let us sleep in his pub for the night. But Captain Barnacles, being the group dad as always, came up with a plan. Giorgio offered to help us, so we asked him to turn his pub lights back on, as bright as he could, and since it was midnight, in the middle of a quiet part of town, the Captain should be able to see them. Bella got on the phone, and tried to lead him to where we were, and soon, we could hear the roar of a bus engine coming towards us.
"Captain!" Kwazii hollered, waving his paw wildly. The Captain pulled over, and made a motion with his arm, beckoning us all to get in.
"Cap, first we gotta fix the light!" Tweak said, "I know it's late, and we're all tired, but it's better to be safe than sorry." 
"Understood," The captain sighed in fatigue, "Your toolbox is in the back."
"I'm gonna need some help, lil hellhound," Tweak bent down toward me, "If you're not too sleepy, I'm gonna need a hand fixing the lights." I saluted her, and went to get her toolbox out of the back. It took about 30 minutes, and everyone in the bus fell asleep as we were fixing it. Once we finished fixing the lights, we got back into the bus, and I honked the horn as loud as I could. Everyone immediately woke up, and looked around in alarm, but relaxed when they saw that it was just us.
"If we honk that horn again, the police'll be after us!" Bella said, and the Captain drove us back to the hotel with no other incidents. Once we got to the hotel, the boys went to their room, while Tweak and I went to the girls' room. We trudged in tiredly, the room was bare with only 2 bunk beds, a TV, a door that lead to what I assumed was a bathroom, and 2 dressers. Dashi and Koshi were sound asleep when we went in, so we had to be quiet. Tweak went to the bathroom, and I crawled into bed, and fell asleep the second my head hit the pillow.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Jane." I heard someone say as I was shaken back to consciousness by someone very impatient, "Jane, get up!" I opened my eyes. Koshi was leaning over me, and shaking me as hard as she could. I buried my face back into the pillow and tried to swat her away like the annoying fly she was.
"What time is it?" I said, still half buried in my pillow.
"It's 3 in the morning." Dashi said checking her watch, "Technically it's 11 A.M. in Australia, but we're all jet lagged, so it feels far earlier."
"It sure does."Tweak said, yawning from her bed, "Let's go see what the boys are doing." I climbed out of bed, and followed her to the boys' room. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The rest of our time in Italy went by too fast. For 3 days, we saw some of the most beautiful buildings, and ate some of the best food I've ever tasted. When those 3 days were over, it was like having to say goodbye to an old friend, and everyone else seemed to feel the same way, but for now, we had to say "Arrivederci" to Italy, and hello to Greece. Bella would be staying with us, and she and all the adults would take turns driving the bus to Greece. Now we were told ahead of time that Greece was an hour ahead of Italy, which was closer to Brisbane time, so we'd have some time to get over our jet lag. We all got in the bus at 4:45 A.M. I know, it's early, but it was better than taking 4 kids and 12 Vegimals on a walk at 2 A.M. for 2 nights in a row. We all piled into the bus. It was still dark, but if you looked closely enough, you could see the slightest crack of dawn. The bus roared to life, and we sped off toward a new adventure in Greece.