Bad Habits

A/N- Swearing. (Actually do I even need a warning for this? It's kind of expected.)

Dashi glanced over her laptop in my direction again and sighed.

"Jane..." She glided over to me and covered my paw with hers before gently extracting it from my mouth and inspecting it with exasperated kindness, "You've gotta stop biting your nails. It's not good for you."

"But it feels good." I protested weakly and proceeded to stick my fingers into my mouth once again. Again, she pulled them out.

"But you'll get sick." She countered patiently as she pulled my finger out of my mouth again, this time a little more forcefully, "Now go play; It'll be easier to break the habit of you don't think about it." She cupped my chin in her paws and kissed my forehead, "I love you."

"I love you too." I grumbled as she began to shove me in the direction of the door.

"Kosh, isn't Squirt expecting you for a study session?" Dashi turned to give Koshi a pointed look as she leapt off of her bed.

"Oh right!" She exclaimed as she grabbed her bag.

"So, a date?" I smirked at her as she blushed.

"No way!" She yelped as we both headed out of the room.

"Hey Pinto!" I called, "Guess what!"

"WHAT?!" He hollered back gleefully as Peso attempted to shush him.

"Koshi and Squirt are going on a-!" Koshi instantly slapped a paw over my mouth and yanked me into the Octo-chute.

"Jane, ew! I can't believe you!" Koshi berated me as we landed at the bottom of the Octochute and began to make our way to the library, "Squirt's my FRIEND! I don't like him that way!"

"Oh, Kosh." I shook my head teasingly, "I see the way you look at each other."

"Shut up!" She elbowed me playfully, " What about you and Pinto?" I froze and turned around to look at her with the most disgust I could.

"Never in a million years."

"Oh, come on." Koshi grinned, "You see the way he looks at you."

"No way. Not doing it!" I shoved her, "Boys are gross."

"Agreed." She replied, "But you can't deny it, Janey. It was love at first sight."

"Don't call me that." My cheeks burned and she laughed.

"Fuck you." I muttered, then instantly froze. Oh. Shit. (Damn it, I did it again)
Koshi's jaw dropped and she stared at me with wide, disbelieving eyes like I'd just sprouted a second head. I'd heard Tweak say it in front of Kwazii at least 20 times a day, and she'd always commanded me never to say it, guess it just slipped.

"Jane!" She scolded, "If Dashi heard that, it'd be the end of you! Where'd you even learn that?!"

"Tweak said it."

"Well you can't say it!" She exclaimed, "It's a swear word."

"Actually it was two words." I argued as Koshi looked at me with her "I'm talking to the biggest idiot in the world." face.

"And why is 'fuck' even a swear word?!" I continued stupidly, as Koshi frantically tried to shush me once more. "Dashi doesn't get mad when I say something like 'ball'" (A/N- I know what I've just done and I regret nothing)

"Well back in the late Middle Ages..." Koshi began.

And that's when I realized only Koshi could make swear words boring.