Dawn | Eric Derekson x Reader

3rd person POV

Eric woke first, the first strings of sunlight making their way through the windows and going through his glasses which were still on from the previous night. he blinked a few times before looking around with a start. all at once he realized that 1. he was not in his room, 2. that he was still wearing his work clothes, and 3. that he was on the couch, the tv quietly playing some sitcom people only watched when there was nothing else on.

that's right, he remembered. over the garden wall was finally playing and me and (y/n) stayed up to watch together. wait...where is-

Eric finally came to the (quite belated) discovery that they were next to him, and had been the whole time. his breath caught in his throat. he suddenly felt both hot and frozen at the same time.

(y/n) was resting peacefully, their head on his stomach and one arm wrapped around him while the other gripped a fuzzy throw blanket that they had covered themselves and eric with. he felt a strange and new sensation in his chest.

"this is it. i'm dying. i'm going to have a heart attack and die."

he didn't know how it was possible, but (y/n) looked even more gorgeous like this. their cheek was adorably pressed against the fabric of his shirt and their mouth was open just a bit, their soft, calm breathing a testament to how comfortable they were. comfortable with him. touching him. cuddling with him. Eric felt like he was about to cry, but all he could manage was a barely audible squeak. he didn't dare move in fear of waking them up.

his face was probably a previously undiscovered shade of red, but he somehow found it in himself to carefully, so carefully move his hand down to rest it on top of (y/n)'s head. they sighed in their sleep and Eric fell for them all over again.

it was then he decided that he'd do whatever it took to see them like this again. happy, safe, warm, close to him...he didn't know what he had done to deserve this heaven, but he was eternally grateful.

...and then they woke up with a snort and sat up, prompting him to shriek, tumble off the couch, and bolt out of the room.

"what the fu-"

(A/N)-- ahh, fluff for the soul. anyway Eric is babey and i would kill and die for him. he deserves a lil kiss on the forehead and a mug of hot cocoa with lots of whipped cream.