Celene x antisepticeye (soulmate AU)

Commission for Galaxystar1456.

note: in this AU, the first words your soulmate will say to you appear on your wrist when you turn 16. i have no idea who invented this, but all credit goes to them. 

Prologue

all his life, anti had been an outcast. nobody seemed to want to be his friend, despite his best efforts to socialize. he was never bullied or anything, it was more like he was just...invisible. as a little kid, he would always wonder why he had no friends, but when he got older he realized that it was because people were scared of him. so, he just stopped trying. stopped trying to make friends, stopped trying to fit in.  he always thought everything would get better once he turned sixteen, but it only confirmed the fact that he would always be alone. that day, he woke up to see a black void of ink on his left wrist. after a few moments of intense staring, the blob thinned out and started to form a legible sentence. when he saw what it said, those words shook him to his core.

"Please, I don't want to die."

from that moment on, anti just gave up on everything. if his own soulmate would be terrified of him, what was the point of doing anything? on that day, he just stopped hiding all the anger and frustration that had built up over the years, and lashed out at the world.

Third person POV

Celene walked down the street and stopped for a while, looking at all the couples in the park. she wondered how it felt to know that the person next to her was literally the perfect match, then she sighed and continued on her way. it was starting to rain, so she pulled her hood up over her head and shoved her hands into her pockets, looking around for a place to get dry. just then, she spotted a cozy looking building in the less populated part of town and decided to walk inside.

~perspective change woop woop~

anti walked into the closest seat he could find. this was just a random bar that he saw from  across the street. the bartender walked up to him, about to take his order, but without warning, anti pulled out his knife and pointed it at the bartender's chest. "alcohol. now." anti demanded. the bartender stepped back, afraid. "um, sir, w-what kind of-" anti cut him off. "i said, alcohol. now." the bartender ran off quickly to the back, and anti sighed deeply. then he heard the door slowly creak open. he turned his head quickly to look, and was relieved when he saw that it was just a short girl that was buried in her hoodie. he blushed a little and turned back around while the girl looked around. 

~another perspective change woop woop~

celene plopped down onto the closest seat, which happened to be a few tables away from anti. she was going to say something, but he looked kind of angry, so she stayed silent. after a few awkward minutes, the door opened again and dark walked in, making eye contact with anti almost immediately. he stalked over and slid into the seat next to him. "you thought you could just run away?" dark said lowly. a chill went through anti's entire body, and he pulled out his knife for the second time that night. "fuck off right now or i swear i'll stab you in the dick." this only caused dark to chuckle, which made anti even madder. celene watched the whole thing, too surprised to move. some kind of unspoken words were said between the pair of demons, and anti swung the knife at dark, but he dodged quickly. the two fought for a long time, and celene eventually hid in the bathroom because she didn't feel like going to the hospital. things eventually quieted down, and celene decided to risk peeking out the door. once out, she saw that the walls were covered in black blood, and anti was in the corner, curled up and glitching uncontrollably. 

Celene took a deep breath, and against her better judgement, she walked over to anti and tapped his shoulder gently. the demon turned around quickly, pointing his knife at her throat. she backed up as fast as she could, but demons are fast, so she was cornered in a few seconds. anti raised the knife to celene's neck slowly and glared at her. "Please, i don't want to die!" she said in a shaky voice. anti's expression faltered, but only for a moment. "oh yeah, why not?" he growled lowly. celene gasped and looked at her wrist. sure enough, that was the sentence that had been etched into her skin for the past years. wordlessly, she lifted her hand and showed the words to anti, who dropped his arms to his sides and just stared in disbelief.  then he just threw his knife at the opposite wall and pulled celene into a bone-crushing hug, which she happily returned. "i c-can't believe you're actually real." he whispered into her shoulder.

BONUS!

"so, you're not gonna mention the attempted murder, are ya?"

"nope."

"good, i can't go back to prison."

"wait, what?"

"UHH NOTHING!"