My moon and stars | Darkiplier x Reader

(A/N)-- is this just a copy/paste from my tumblr acct? maybe. does it matter? not to me lmao

It's late. Or early, if you want to be specific about it. You aren't sure what the exact time it is, but if you had to wager a guess, you'd say it's probably around 2 in the morning.

For whatever reason, you can't sleep, which is why you're sitting on the couch wrapped in your blanket, with all the lights off. That's when Dark shows up. you know it's him because he always makes sure to walk a bit louder than normal so you don't get startled.

"Oh, hey Dark. Can't sleep either?" You ask.

"I don't need sleep, nor do I want it, so no."

"Hmm, maybe it has something to do with the fact that you wear your suit to bed instead of putting on pajamas like a normal person?" You turn your head back to look at him then, a playful smile on your face.

Dark scoffs, walking over to the kitchen and pulling a glass out of the nearest cupboard. That's probably why he came down here, you realize. to get a drink. "I don't have time to put on pajamas. I just sleep in whatever i'm wearing."

He makes his way to a cabinet and rummages around for a while before pouring himself a glass of wine.

The next few moments are calm, with Dark turning on a small table lamp and taking a couple sips of his drink. Then he makes his way over to the couch and sits. You hear a 'clunk' on the coffee table, and when you look, you see that he's brought you a bottle of water from the fridge.

It's...an oddly touching gesture. Maybe you're just being sappy, but something about him getting you a drink of your own without you asking makes you smile to yourself. You mumble out a thanks and lapse into comfortable silence once again.

"Wanna go somewhere?" you ask after some time.

...You don't know what prompts the question. Truth be told, it came out of nowhere and you have no idea how Dark will react. You're acquaintances, sure, but does he like you enough to agree to-

He shrugs. "I don't see a reason not to."

~~~

Dark looks back at you as you follow him into the void. You've still got your blanket wrapped around your shoulders, which he finds somewhat (cute) amusing. the two of you walk for a while before Dark speaks.

"Do you have a particular place in mind, or are we just going to wander all night?" he asks, a small raise of his eyebrow the only indication that he's joking 

"Well, I was thinking we could go somewhere to look at the stars if that's okay..."

"Whatever you would like."

Dark makes a tear in the void, and the two of you are deposited in a quiet field; the sky cloudless and dotted with stars.

Dark looks over at you and sees...well, what does he see? a companion? a friend? something more?-

You look tired, he notices. so, so tired. You're trying not to show it, that much he knows, but you're tired. he wonders why he's only noticing it now. Not only that, but you look sad. Not in the 'rough day' sense, but a bone-deep sadness. The kind that takes years to form, the kind that cocoons itself around you wand makes everything feel heavier.

Suddenly, Dark has the unexplainable, sickeningly human urge to cup your face in his hands, to hug you. And maybe, maybe if he hugs you for long enough, if he squeezes you tight enough, that sadness will seep out of you and soak into the ground, never to touch you again.

but he doesn't do any of that. he just watches as you turn your (perfect, beautiful, god he wants to hold you) face to the sky.

You take your blanket and set it in the grass, Smoothing it out and finally sitting down. With a tilt of your head, you silently ask Dark to sit with you. He does so without hesitation.

that sadness he saw in your eyes has dissipated some, he notices as he settles down next to you. whether or not he had something to do with it he's unsure, but he's glad nonetheless.

you're sitting up, hugging your knees to your chest as your eyes trace the constellations. a small shiver causes you to jolt, and without even thinking, Dark finds that he's taken off his jacket and placed it around your shoulders. You turn to look at him then, your expression surprised but happy.

"Thank you."

"Think nothing of it. I cant feel the cold anyway."

You start pointing at the sky and connecting the stars with your fingers as you list off a few space facts you'd read somewhere on the internet. Dark is listening, but not watching. He's too busy looking at the constellations your freckles make, the galaxies in your eyes, the stardust in your hair.

"It's beautiful." you say, your face tilted skyward.

"It really is. I should've noticed sooner." Dark replies. but he isn't looking at the stars.