Wilford Warfstache x Asexual! Reader

(A/N)— ACE RIGHTS!! also, obviously there are many different kinds of asexuality but in this story the reader is sex repulsed, meaning that they dislike the idea/act of sex

ive been dating wilford for a while now, and it's been absolutely perfect.  from the moment we met, he was such a gentleman. Everything about him was amazing, his adorable, curly pink hair, the way he was both strong and gentle at the same time, his awesome hugs...everything. it was only a matter of time before i fell for him.

i confessed on a warm spring day when he had taken me out for a picnic. He felt the same, and we've been together ever since. it's been nothing short of heaven.

recently, however, he's begun to do little things like grabbing my waist a bit too low, or letting out kisses go on for much longer than usual, making flirty comments. And i know that can only mean one thing. i know what he wants.

but there's something i haven't told him.

i'm asexual. i don't feel any sexual attraction towards anyone, and the very idea of sex makes my stomach turn. Wilford, however, is the exact opposite. it's no secret that he's what people would call a 'playboy.' he's dated and done things with  countless men, women, and every other configuration of being that there is. and that's what truly terrifies me, because i still love him. and i just don't know what i'd do if he stopped loving me. 

But i had to tell him eventually, before i got into a situation where the circumstances would be...less than ideal, like in a cheap hotel room or at three in the morning when he comes home from a late shooting for his show.

so, that's what i did. one day, on one of our dates,  we went for a walk in the woods, and then we went back to our room to cuddle. when his kisses drifted from my cheeks down to my neck and collar and his arms  went from wrapping comfortably around my stomach to being way too close to the zipper of my pants, i knew i had to tell him. i quickly sat up, and he looked at me with confusion written all over his features.

"What's wrong, sugarplum? was I doing something you didn't like?"

"no- well, yeah...? i mean-" i cut myself off with a sigh. "Wil, i need to tell you something. and it's really important and i'm really scared to tell you because i don't want you to be sad or angry with me."

"I could never be angry at you (y/n)."

"okay...well the thing is...i'm ace. that means asexual, and that means i don't...want sex."

"You mean you want to wait for marriage? because i'm fine with-"

"no. no, Wil, it's not like that. i don't want to wait for marriage, i don't want to wait for anything, because...well, i don't feel attraction in a sexual way. towards anybody. the thought of having sex makes me feel really uncomfortable and gross. i was just afraid to tell you because you're such an amazing guy and i don't wanna lose you because of this."

I had begun to cry while i was talking, and wiped the tears from my eyes with my hoodie sleeve. Wilford was just staring at me, and i avoided eye contact.

"so all those times i thought you just weren't in the mood...?"

"well, you were right about the 'not being in the mood' part, because i'm never in the mood. i-i just...i'm s-sorry for not telling you, i just love you so much and i d-don't wanna lose you...i'm sorry, i'm so, so sorry."

it was then that Wilford brought me into a bear hug. I was shocked, but i hugged back, burying my face in his shoulder with a small sound.

"Oh, gumdrop. you have nothing to be sorry about, if anything i should be apologizing. if i'd have known that i was making you uncomfortable, i would have stopped. the last thing i want is for my love to feel unsafe."

"Y-You're not mad...? you don't wanna b-break up with me?"

"no, no,  not at all. you're my partner, and whatever makes you happy, i'd do in a heartbeat. i don't need sex to tell you i love you, my dear."

we hugged each other tighter, and this time i was crying out of relief rather than fear. "oh my god, y-you have no idea how glad i am to hear you say t-that...i-i love you, wil "

"i love you too, (y/n). no matter what."