Reflection | Warfstache x reader

Your POV

i don't know how long i've spent in this house. years, maybe decades, possibly centuries. it's all blended together. why did i ever decide to go to that party? something happened that night, and this house is evil, that much i'm sure of. Damien and Celene are gone, i'm trapped in this prison, mark is dead, and William...god, William. 

i had been in the void for the whole night with Damien and Celene. they had offered to bring me back, and i agreed. when i came back to the real world a whole day had passed. i stood up and looked around only to find that William had been sitting next to me all night crying. it broke my heart to see him like that, and what's worse, since i was alive again, he thought that all the events that had happened the night before were some kind of sick joke. before i could go after him, i was thrown out of my own body. as far as i know nobody even remembers me. 

Damien and Celene turned into something...evil. they trapped me in a mirror and just left. and that's where I've been rotting all these years. I gave up trying to escape, i tried for a while, but no matter how much i want to, i can't get out of this hell. it's just darkness as far as i can see. i tried walking away, but i always run into a force-field of some kind. i can still see outside my prison and into the manor, which has gotten decrepit over the years. if i didn't know how evil this place is, i would find it intriguing. i don't eat or sleep here, and i've turned pale and scrawny. 

recently though, something strange has been happening. every few days, people come into the manor. it seems like they talk for a while before exploring. every time they visit, they get deeper and deeper into the house. which brings me to today. they're here again, and i can hear them getting closer to my mirror. i have to hide, or else they'll run. a good thing about being trapped here for so long I've learned to manipulate my environment. i encase myself in shadows so that i would just look like a smudge in the corner of the mirror to someone on the outside. i hide just in time too, because the footsteps stop right in front of my mirror. 

"Wil, i hate to say it, but we've been searching for a while now, i think (y/n) is gone. i don't even know why i let you talk me into this." 

i perk up at the sound of my name, a word i haven't heard in forever. has someone really remembered me after all these years? and that person, he sounds like Damien, but not quite. his voice echoes,  and the tone he uses, it isn't at all gentle and patient like the mayor's was, this person sounds annoyed. before i can finish my thought, another person walks up to the mirror.

"Dark, i'm telling you, this is the place, they have to be here! it was just a joke, they can't be gone. Damien, Celene, (y/n), they're all out there somewhere, and I'm going to find them!" says a strange yet familiar voice. 

how do these people know me? could they be my old friends? i have to risk it and look at them. 

i drop my shadows so that i can see. 

there are two men standing there talking to each other. the first is wearing a suit. he has a red and blue outline, almost like a 3-D effect. i know that this is the...thing  that Damien and Celene turned into, i'm guessing he's Dark. the second man is wearing the same kind of outfit William wore the night he went crazy. he even has a mustache like the colonel, but his is pink. i am currently the most confused i have ever been in my life. 

before i can do anything, the second man turns to the mirror and sees me staring. he gets an astonished look on his face and leans closer to the mirror.

"oh my god, it's really you." he says in a voice that's just above a whisper. 

Dark blinks a few times before looking at me for himself. "so, Wil was right. you're really still here after all these years." he mutters more to himself than to me. 

"w-who are you, and how do you know my name?" i say fearfully. 

"(y/n), don't you remember me, old friend?" asks the mustached man sadly. 

i inspect his face closely before my eyes widen in realization. "William, is that you? i thought you all left me behind." i say, covering my mouth.

he shakes his head. "No, no, i could never forget about you. i've spent a long time trying to find you.

he's crying now, and i want so badly to hug him, but this place is keeping me from him. for the first time in years, i have a reason to escape. i take a deep breath. 

"i need you to do something for me." 

he looks up. 

"anything.

i nod and step to the side. "destroy the mirror." 

he steps back in surprise. "but...we don't know what could happen! you could die, and i- i'll lose you all over again!

"Wil, i would honestly rather be dead than have to spend one more day in this place away from you." 

the mustached man nods sadly and grabs a vase. he smashes it against the mirror, but it simply shatters. over the next few minutes, Wil tries to shatter the mirror with various objects, even shooting it in desperation.  dark looks over at Wil, who is frantically searching for more stuff to throw. dark sighs and steps up to me, cracking his neck. 

"look, i can break you out, but i need permission." I nod without hesitation. 

"i need you to put your hands against the glass." 

i do as he says. his eyes glow red, and he presses his own hands against the glass where mine are. he concentrates and a small crack appears in the surface of the mirror. shadows appear and seep into the crack. they wrapping around me and encasing me in darkness. when they dissipate, i'm standing in the middle of the foyer. i blink a few times, but before i can collect myself, i'm caught in one of Wil's bone-crushing hugs. he buries his face in my hair and sobs in happiness. i rub his back and sit on the floor with him. dark also sits next to us, even helping to console Wilford. when we finally calm down enough, we walk to the new and improved markiplier manor. 

-bonus-

"Ugh, silly me, i completely forgot! you have to meet the others!"

"wait, there's more of you?"

"oh yeah! your'e going to love them, right dark?"

"well, i don't know about that. let's just say you're in for a lot of surprises." 

"lord help me."

(A/N)-- suffer