Distraction | Aiden x Marvin

Note: i have a friend named Aiden irl, so he's all i can think about while writing this.  

Commission for Simple_Paints. This idea was really adorable, i hope i did a good job!

3rd person POV

Aiden sat alone in his room staring at the story he was typing, as if willing it to progress. he'd been working on it all day, but the problem was that he had no idea what to do next. "maybe i should just relax for a while." he thought to himself. he closed his laptop carefully, running a hand through his hair. he stood up and walked into the kitchen, trying to find something to drink. just as he was about to head back, Marvin (literally) appeared in the doorway, causing Aiden to jump back in surprise. "hey, you're finally out of your room!" Marvin exclaimed. "yeah, but i'm about to get back to work." Aiden said. Marvin frowned for a few moments before brightening up. "you could do that...or you could come help me practice some new tricks!" Aiden couldn't say no to that adorable face, so he nodded in agreement. Marvin grinned and then waved his wand, teleporting the two of them to the living room, where Marvin's spell books and supplies were strewn all over the floor. 

"okay let's see if i got it right." Marvin mumbled. he whispered a few words and looked over to Aiden, who began to float off the ground. "oh shit, you did it Marv!" Aiden said happily. Marvin whooped in excitement and started to jump around the room. Aiden couldn't help but to laugh at how happy the magician was, but then he realized something. he was still levitating. "hey...you have a reverse spell ready, right?" he asked. Marvin immediately stopped moving and slowly turned around. "um...noooo." he said nervously. Aiden sighed and accepted his fate.

Two hours later:

"toss me the chips!"

"okay, catch!"

"that wasn't even close."

"well excuse me, it's hard to throw stuff all the way up to the ceiling!"

"just get the ladder."

"yeah, good idea."