Something new | Googleplier x Rylie

commission for eddsworld-obsessed. (jeez, i hope you like it.)

Third-Person POV

Rylie walked into the living room, looking for something else to do. it was way to hot out to go out, and there wasn't anything interesting happening on social media. she sat down on the couch and decided to watch youtube for a few minutes. before she could click on anything, there was a knock at her door. she opened it, and saw nothing. confused, she stepped out, only to trip on a box and almost fall over. "what the hell is this?" Rylie asked herself. the box itself looked like it was just tossed there, and there were no markings on it, not even a name. Rylie picked up the suspicious crate and brought it in, setting it on the table. she waited for a while to see if the box would make a noise or move, but it didn't. "i really shouldn't be doing this, but whatever." she muttered to herself as she grabbed some scissors and sliced the tape. looking inside, she didn't see anything, but then, out of nowhere, a man with a glowing G on his shirt appeared, startling Rylie and causing her to fall off her chair. the man hadn't appeared to notice her yet, so she tried to sneak away. before she could even get a few feet away, the guy turned and looked down at her with a blank expression. "hello, new user." he said quietly. Rylie realized it wouldn't be a  good idea to run, so she just faced the man. "um...hi, who are you?" she asked politely. "i am a google irl model, software version 1.5. however, i suppose it would be easier if you simply referred to me as Google." he stated. "woah, this guy is a robot!" Rylie thought to herself. "okay, last question. who dropped you at my doorstep?" Google got a faraway look in his eyes and then focused again. "i'm sorry, i don't have that information. my previous owner must have erased my memory banks." despite being a robot, Google looked sad, so Rylie stepped closer and hesitantly put her arms around him. "i'm so sorry. you could live with me if you'd like." Google gave a small smile before petting Rylie's brown hair. "yes, that would be optimal."