Try Not To Fall In Love With Me | illinois x reader

"Try not to fall in love with me, okay? they all do..." 

illinois said with a chuckle. (y/n) just tilted their head and shrugged nonchalantly, as if saying "sure, now can we go on our adventure now?"

not the reaction he was expecting. illinois stared at his new companion for a moment before shrugging and leading them further into the cave. 

~~~...~~~

"Careful there, wouldn't want to see that pretty face of yours get hurt." 

"i could say the same about you, illi." 

now that was unexpected. usually illinois' adventuring partners got all flustered and blush's whenever he flirted with them  but (y/n)...they just flirted back  illinois shook it off with another smile as the two continued their journey. 

~~~...~~~

illinois and (y/n) sat outside their shared tent, looking up at the stars. while the adventurer hated to admit it, he had grown quite attached to the other, he enjoyed them tagging along on his adventures. he was fond of them. 

just then (y/n) looked at illinois, seeing his soft smile. they gave a smile of their own.

"what's up, illi? don't tell me you're falling in love with me already."

illinois blushed, something which had never happened before. 

"no, i was just admiring that handsome and/or beautiful face of yours, that's all." he said. however, his blush didn't fade one bit.

~~~...~~~

to be continued