Abandoned | Catrina x Antisepticeye

commission for Cheri_Hope. enjoy! :P

3rd person POV

"why did i let myself get talked into this?" catrina thought to herself as she walked out of her house. sat was playing extreme truth or dare with her friends, and one of them had told her to go to the house on raspy hill. that would've been fine by itself, except for the fact that she was going inside. alone. at two in the morning. "C'mon cat, we know you can do it!" yelled her friend from inside the house. she nodded and started the long walk to the mansion. 

when she got to her destination, the little confidence that Catrina had about the situation drained away. the house was huge and looming in the distance, like a monster waiting for it's next meal. any appeal the house may have had before was gone, as everything was broken down and decrepit, with ivy crawling on nearly every surface. the only sign that anyone had ever lived there was an old, totaled car wedged permanently into the side of the east wall. Cat grew more and more uneasy with every step she took, as if the house itself was telling her to run, to go home and never come back, yet she kept going until she reached the door and stepped inside.

the inside of the house was even more terrifying than the exterior. cobwebs and dust covered every surface, and all the furniture was old and worn. some kind of black ooze was dripping from the walls, falling onto the stained carpet. Cat squeezed her arms to her chest and walked through the rooms, trying not to touch anything. "oh god, i hate this so much." she mumbled. Cat walked through around slowly, jumping at every sound. in a few minutes, she made her way to a huge set of doors. 

she pushed the doors as hard as she could, and they slowly opened to reveal a beautiful old ballroom. Catrina could only imagine the parties that once took place here, but now, all that was left were cracked pillars and a broken down piano. well, that and...one more thing. in the corner, there was a tiny metal trapdoor covered in a red substance that Catrina could only assume was dried blood. this was probably the worst idea that cat ever had. she walked toward the door and pressed her ear against it. no sound. cat picked up a wooden plank and used the leverage to pry the door open with a sickening creak. she peered inside and saw only an endless expanse of blackness that reeked of death. luckily, she'd brought a flashlight, so she turned it on and shone it inside. 

the yellow glow revealed a stone hallway lined with torches that went out long ago. the only noise that could be heard was the persistent dripping of water coming off the ceiling. soon, Cat came to a dead end that led to a circular room. she didn't notice anything at first, but then she saw it. a man was curled up against the wall, and he wasn't moving. Cat put a hand over her mouth in shock as she stared, unsure what to do.

after a few minutes, Cat finally worked up the courage to walk over to him. now that she was closer, she could hear slow shallow breathing coming from him. Cat leaned over and touched the man's shoulder. only now did she notice that he was in chains. the man slowly turned his head and stared at Cat with glassy eyes. "w-who are you?" it seemed he was trying to sound aggressive, but the fact that he hadn't spoken in years just made him sound broken and small. 

"um, my name's Catrina. how did you get here?" she asked carefully. the man sat up and tucked his knees into his chest. "why the fuck do you care?" he snapped. Cat thought for a couple seconds before answering. "because i want to help you." anti sighed. "fine, i'll tell ye. it was years ago, maybe decades. i used to live here with my...brothers. back then i was different. i wasn't even myself actually. i was called Sean. anyways, one day on halloween, i kinda lost it. without getting into the specifics, i'm a demon now. when my brothers saw what happened to me, they tried to help at first, but after a while they just gave up and locked me down here." 

anti stopped talking and started to get choked up, so Cat gently put an arm around him. he never realized how much he missed human contact until that moment, and he sunk into cat's hoodie with a sob. her heart almost shattered hearing that noise, and she rubbed anti's back, trying to comfort him in some way. in a while, anti calmed down, and cat got his attention. "hey, i'm gonna try to get you out of here, okay?" 

anti nodded eagerly, and cat got up, looking around for something to help. then she saw a loose piece of rock on the wall. she grabbed it and smashed it against the chains as hard as she could. finally, they broke, freeing anti at last. he stood up carefully, but after not using his legs for so long, he started to stumble. without thinking, Cat extended her hand out to him. anti didn't say anything, but he took her hand in his, and they walked out of the house together. 

(A/N)-- ugh this took forever to write. i tried to be spoopy, but whatever. hope you liek.