Guardian | Lightiplier x child! reader

(A/N)-- just so you know, you're 12ish in this story. okay, go!

3rd person POV

a child named (y/n) sits on the edge of their bed. it's 3:00 in the morning, but they can't seem to get to sleep. maybe it's the deafening silence of winter, or maybe they've had too many sweets. it doesn't matter why they're awake though, because the events that are about to happen will transpire with or without them. there's a feeling of dread hanging in the air for seemingly no reason other than the fact that the imagination is given much more power in the dark. (y/n) finally decides to get out of their bed, but before they can take a single step, the light in the hallway goes out. 

(y/n) looks out the window to see if others in her neighborhood have lost power, only to see that their side of the street is encased in darkness. then the houses on the other side of the street lose power, one by one. 

"this is a weird outage." they think.

and they're right. it's far too uniform to be normal. (y/n) sneaks past their sleeping parents, not that they would care if they're going out. they put on some boots and their winter coat, which is far too large for them. then they step out into the snow and starts walking down the dark and silent street.

(y/n)'s POV

i walk out of town, not really knowing what to do. i just go wherever my gut tells me to. somehow, i end up in the forest. i know i should be afraid, but i feel strangely calm. i walk deeper into the woods and weave between the trees. i hear a small noise, so i follow it, and i find myself on top of a hill overlooking a huge wheat field. there are a bunch of people i've never seen standing in the middle.  i sneak through the field and try to spy on the small crowd, but a man wearing an all white suit notices me and beckons me over. too scared to run away, i slowly walk over to him. he smiles and looks down at my shivering form. 

"hello, may i have your name?" he asks. 

"um...i'm (y/n)."

 he takes a piece of paper from his pocket and glances at it. "ah, i see your name on the list. seems like you're the last to arrive. here, take this form and fill it out quickly please.

he hands me a piece of paper and a pencil. i shoot him a confused look and head over to a rock. looking around the crowd, i see people of all ages, but mostly adults. there's seemingly no reason for such a diverse crowd to be in this place, but then again, this whole night has been weird as hell. i turn back to the form and start to concentrate. the first page is easy enough. just the normal information.

the second page is weird. the questions are weird ones like "what are your main personality traits?" and "what would your ideal friend be like?" i shrug it off and complete the whole thing. just in time too, because the guy in the suit claps his hands loudly and all the people, including me, turn their heads toward him. 

"ladies and gentleman, may i have your attention please? now, i'm sure you're wondering what's going on, and i shall tell you. but first, hold up your papers." 

everyone follows his directions, and he snaps his fingers. without warning, the forms all burst into flames and seem to disappear into thin air. there's a collective gasp through the crowd, and the man in the suit smirks. 

"allow me to explain some things. first off, i suppose i should tell you why you're all here. for one reason or another, you've all been chosen to get guardian angels. some of you need protection, others simply need a friend. they'll be here in a few moments, but until then, you're free to talk amongst yourselves." 

most people find someone to speak to, but i just sit and think about things. what am i supposed to do when they get here? just talk to them like this is totally normal? and, more importantly, will any of the angels actually even want to talk to me? i try to make myself as inconspicuous as possible and sit down next to the rock. 

sure enough, angels start materializing out of nowhere and start to talk to people. a few minutes later, every person has an angel with them. well, everyone but me. the people all seem happy, and the angels look to be enjoying the company of their human counterparts. everyone chats and runs around while i just sit there, not sure what i'm supposed to do. i observe everyone carefully, and i end up lost in thought. i sit there for a few minutes, until i notice an angel staring at me from the other side of the field. i look at him and he walks over to me. he crouches down to my level and smiles softly at me. 

"hey, you haven't found anyone either?" 

i nod and look down at my feet. the angel stands up and i do too. 

"well, maybe i could be your guardian. what do you think?" 

i look up at him and grin. "yeah, i guess." the angel nods. 

"great! my names lightiplier, what's yours?" i grin up at him. 

"i'm (y/n)." 

light holds out his hand and i shake it. a white glow surrounds us and i'm left with a burning sensation in my wrist. when i look there, i see a white wing marking. i blink and look over to the angel for an explanation. he has a matching mark on his wrist, and he stares at it in disbelief. 

"what does it mean?" i ask curiously. 

light gets a goofy look on his face. 

"it means we're a perfect match."

~later~

light and i are walking to my house. it's almost sunrise, and i'm super tired from being up all night. i take the house key from it's hiding spot, and open the door. i step into the house, and check around before letting light in. 

"so, it's not much, but this is my house." i say as i walk down the hall to my room. 

light follows me and looks around. he sees me stumbling over to my bed and chuckles. "hey, you can get some sleep if you want." 

before he can finish his sentence, i'm buried in the covers. 

(A/N)-- hey, your friendly neighborhood author here. so for no particular reason other than my curiosity, how old do you think i am? let me know in the comments! <3