Wilford Warfstahe x Tiny! reader (part 2)

(y/n)'s POV

The man lifts me up to his eye level and i immediately start to panic. I've always known that humans were terrifying, but now that i'm seeing one up close, that fact becomes even more clear. i move away from his face, but in doing so, i almost fall off of his hand. the realization that there's no escape dawns on me, and i curl up into a ball and start hyperventilating. i close my eyes and wait for death, but nothing happens. instead, i suddenly feel warm. 

i open my eyes and find myself in the dark. it's at that moment that i realize the man is holding me to his chest in an attempt to calm me down. 

"it's okay, it's okay. i won't hurt you." he whispers. 

when i hear his words, i'm incredibly confused. my (parent/parents) always told me that humans were awful creatures who wouldn't hesitate to crush me like an insect, and yet this man is cradling me and petting my hair. i slowly uncurl myself and look up at the man, who gives me a small smile. 

i wipe the tears from my eyes and rock back and forth nervously. the man just keeps watching me and rubbing my back until my breathing slows and i'm practically melting into him. when i'm finally calmed down enough to talk, i mumble a thank you to the man.

"Don't mention it, little fella!" he says. i smile shyly up at him and he sets me down on the table.

"sorry for scaring you before, i thought you were a mouse or something..." he says awkwardly. 

i shrug. "it could have gone a lot worse, trust me." i chuckle.

he smiles at that, but it doesn't last long. "so, i guess you have to leave now, huh?"

"not if i don't want to."

"well, do you want to?"

"not really. you're the only person who's ever been nice to me..." i admit.

then man grins and picks me up again, this time sitting me in his hair. "then you can stay with me! c'mon!"