Relax | Schneeplestien x reader

(y/n)'s POV

I run around the apartment, scrambling around the room and trying to clean my stuff up. my boyfriend Henrik is coming over, and like the procrastinator i am, i waited until the last minute to get ready. i know that Henrik doesn't care what my place looks like, but i still want to be tidy. i stop for a few minutes when i hear my phone ring. i see that it's Henrik, and i pick up excitedly.

"hey hun, how's it going?"

"everything is fine. look...zhere is no easy way to say zhis, i have to work an extra shift at zhe hospital tonight. Carrie got sick, and i'm zhe only one who volunteered to cover for her."

i look down in disappointment and try to sound unfazed.

"oh, that's fine. i-i'll just put all the stuff away and go to bed then."

"i'm so sorry liebe, i'll try to get home as soon as i can, okay?"

"okay. bye...i love you."

i hang up with a sad sigh and put my phone back onto the table. i know it's not his fault, but henrik's been working more and more. i know he's saving lives, but i can't help but feel sad whenever he calls me to say he can't come over. i turn off all the lights and flop down on the couch. 

Henrik's POV

i set down my phone and put my head in my hands. i feel horrible about having to cancel my plans with (y/n), but i can't just stop working. honestly, it helps me forget about all the bad things going on in my life. i stand up, but before i can get anywhere, a nurse named suzi stops me. "was it your partner again?" she asks me. i nod sadly. 

"i had to cancel our date for zhe second time zhis week.

suzi tilts her head and seems to think of something. "you know, i could cover your shift if you'd like. it would be no big deal." 

i grin and start to pack up. 

"thank you so much!" i say to her as i walk out the door. 

i get into my car and drive off to (y/n)'s house, hoping to surprise them. i open the door to their apartment slowly, only to find that all of the lights are off. i turn on a small lamp, only to see (y/n) passed out on the couch wearing my sweater, which i had left here a few weeks ago. it looks adorable, especially since it's too big for them. i smile and sit on the floor. i pet their hair gently. 

"wake up liebe, i'm home." 

(y/n) rubs their eyes and looks over at me. "Henrik? i thought you wanted to work." they say, smiling sleepily at me. 

"You know that you're more important than anything else in zhe vorld to me." i say. (y/n) chuckles and moves over so that i can sit on the couch. as soon as i do. they reposition themselves so that they're leaning up against my side. we both drift off to sleep, happy with each other's company.

(A/N)-- wow, i could not have posted this at a better time. for those who don't know, the day after i finished writing this, SCHNEEP CAME BACK! oh, and the summer antipocalypse might  be coming soon sooo....keep an eye out for that.