Eric Derekson x Reader

3rd person POV

Eric didn't want to come to this party, not really. The only reason he was here in the first place was because it was a staff party for Wilford's talk show, and he had practically begged all the egos to go with him. and of course Eric didn't want to say no. Hell, even The Host was coming, and he was practically bound to his library. And that was how he ended up standing in a corner, sipping an iced tea and wondering how long he would have to stay to not be considered rude if he left. An hour? two? he could last two more hours, right?

Eric supposed that he was expected to socialize at these types of functions. he glanced around the room. It seemed that everyone there had gotten into groups, most likely people that they were already friends with. The other egos were in groups too, unfortunately. so that left...absolutely no one. Eric sighed and scanned the room one last time.

and that was when he saw them.

They were in a corner too, looking even more uncomfortable than Eric, if that was even possible. They too looked like they wanted to leave as soon as they could.

And they were the most beautiful person that Eric had ever seen. 

He looked away quickly, not wanting to be caught staring, but if anyone were to look at him, it would've been obvious that he was blushing. He was so tempted to walk over, but as usual, anxieties flooded his mind and rooted him in place. 

luckily, he was saved by a certain talk show host.

"Eric! How's it goin'?"

"O-Oh! Hi Bim! it's...okay, I guess. You know parties aren't really my thing. I a-always end up doing...well, this. Standing in a c-corner and not talking." He chuckled awkwardly. Bim pouted, glancing around. He spotted the same person Eric had earlier, and grinned.

"Well hey, looks like you're not the only one." He said, elbowing him and gesturing to them.

"Yeah, I t-thought about talking to them earlier, b-but I got cold feet 'cause I didn't want to seem weird or anything and they're really cute so I don't-"

Eric slapped a hand over his mouth, but it was too late. Bim's eyes sparkled and he grinned, practically bouncing up and down with excitement.

"Oh my god, you like them?"

"S-Shh! Bim, not so loud, t-they'll hear..."

"So? You wanna talk to them, right?"

"Well...I mean, y-yeah, but I-"

Bim sighed and put an arm around Eric's shoulders, starting to walk toward where the person was standing. Without thinking, he walked too. "Eric. Baby. Sweetheart. I love you and you're perfect the way you are, but you gotta shoot your shot and put yourself out there once in a while."

"You can't just- y-you can't walk up to somebody and just start t-talking to them! that's not how it w-works!"

"That is literally exactly how it works." Bim rolled his eyes. before Eric knew it, the two of them were standing right in front of the person. They glanced at Eric and Bim questioningly.

"Hi, Hello, i'm Bim trimmer and this cutie pie here is Eric, I'm gonna leave now and he's gonna talk to you, 'kay? Cool, great, see you later."

"Uh, what- Okay? Bye I guess?" They looked totally confused as Bim walked away, then turned to Eric.

"What just happened? Am I crazy or did a famous gameshow host just...yeet you over here?"

"N-No, that's uh...that's pretty much exactly w-what happened."

"Alright then. Well, my name's (y/n), nice to meet you."

"He already told you, b-but i'm Eric."

(y/n) laughed. "Yeah. He also said you were a cutie pie."

Eric squeaked and went redder than a tomato. "H-He does that sometimes."

"Well, he definitely wasn't lying."