Chapter 7

I looked out of the window just thinking about the last 24 hours. I mean it's crazy. 24 hours ago I was being beat up by my parents who I've now found out about are death and weren't even my parents. That they kidnapped me from a whole family-, my family and for what....Just to beat me up.

I am upset, I am sad, I am angry, I am grateful....I am feeling so many emotions right now and it's so overwhelming. I really don't know what to feel or what to do.

How do I act around these people? What if they don't like me? What if they send me away? What if they don't want me? What if they're just like ma'am and sir? 

So many thoughts and questions, where only with time I'll find the answers to. It's scary it really is.

I'm not going to lie. I am afraid. I am afraid of these people, the new school, new town....

I have no clue how my life is going to be from here on. I'm scared that they'll find out about how my life actually was before them. They can't know. They'll act different, look at me with pity, treat me like some fragile glass, maybe send me away.

I'll have to cover my bruises and take pain medication to make sure that they won't figure it out. They can't

I eventually fell asleep with that on my mind.

———

I woke up feeling the wind outside against me while being in someone's arms. Wait. What. I quickly jump out of the person's arms falling on the ground with a loud thud. A pain erupted from my ribs from the sudden impact, I bite on my lip to try and not scream out in pain.

Groaning I try to stand up, ignoring the pain.

" oh my god, are you okay?" Elijah I think quickly asked me as he helped me stand up.

"W-what, yeah, no I'm fine" I tried to reinsure him.

Keyword: tried

He looked at me raising one of his eyebrows. Clearly showing that he didn't believe what I said.

I didn't want them to ask any questions so I quickly changed the topic. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"Well you were asleep so I picked you up so you could sleep the ride home." My father answered.

"Oh okay. Sorry" I apologized.

" no, you don't have to be sorry. I shouldn't have picked you up, you don't know me it's okay" he answered back. 

An awkward silence came over again until Xavier decided to break it. "Well let's go then" we all nodded and walked to the car.

While walking I couldn't help but notice all the security around us. Once we were in the car I slowly started drifting away again but tried to stay awake. Who knows what could happen when I fall asleep.

"It's okay principessa, go to sleep." My father reinsured me, seeing my scared/unknowing gaze.

(Principessa- princess)

I eventually let the exhaustion take over me and fall asleep. I haven't slept so long as I have today in ages. At most I roughly get a few hours of sleep because of my kidnappers I think I should call them now, I never could really sleep. I either had nightmares, they would wake me to do stuff for them or I had to get up for them. I'm also a very light sleeper, I can wake up by literally anything since I'm always on edge.

————
I woke up by someone shaking my shoulder. It took a few seconds before I realized what was going on, alarmed my eyes snapped open and quickly took in my surroundings. Everyone around me looked at me in chock.