Book 2 chapter 11

"I love you too Val" he says before I give him another big hug, then we both climb on firefly again and drive to his home.

"I'll see you tomorrow bud." I say goodbye to him while already being on firefly.

"Okay, see you! Bye!" He yells at after me when I drive away.

I reach my hand behind me and give him a little goodbye wave which he returns.

I drive back home while my mind starts wandering off again.

Things can actually go seriously wrong now that I think about it. So many things can go wrong. Maybe they'll recognize my team and hurt them. Or if they recognize my family then they'll probably die. Maybe they recognize me, what if they actually sell me to someone. What if something happens while I'm asleep. What if someone tries to...r-rape me.

My heart starts racing more and more thinking about things that could go wrong.

I drive faster so I can be home sooner.

Now with driving faster, I get home pretty fast.

I quickly park firefly before taking my helmet off.

After that I immediately open my bag and take my pills out.

I take one in and dry swallow it, then I do some breathing exercises while walking to the front door.

The guards open the door for me so I give them the biggest smile I can master at that moment which they return.

When I'm inside our house I place my keys back on that little table and throw my backpack off of my shoulder before I sit down on the floor.

I lean against the wall for a few seconds while taking deep breaths.

Calming down again while the pills kick in, I stand up, grab my bag and walk to the kitchen where the others are, well everyone except mom.

"Hey" I greet them tiredly.

In return I get some greetings back while dad gives me a big hug.

I let myself relax in his hold, holding him tight to me.

"You okay?"

"Mhm, just...I need to calm down a little" I mutter.

He nods and hugs me tighter.

After a while we release the hug.

I take all my receipts out off my wallet and take my water bottle also out of my bag. I start with refilling my water bottle and put that in the fridge.

After that I want to take my receipts and throw them in the trash but when I turn around Xander has a pissed look on his face while looking at a receipt.

"What's wrong?" I ask unsure.

He turns the receipt around to show me.

"Ice cream? Shouldn't we have eaten that? I'm sorry if we couldn't, I-"

"No, Val it's about the fact that there is a number written on the receipt and next to it stands 'call me' with a winky face." He says annoyed and clearly pissed.

"What!?" I call out shocked while taking the receipt out of his hands.

Oh yes, that is definitely written on there.

"Who would have?- oh" I say coming to realization, "the waiter who gave us our ice cream must have written it on there." I tell him before picking the other receipts up and throwing them in the trash.

Fist of all the waiter was like in his twenties and I'm already interested in someone else to be honest.

Mom suddenly comes into the room with a few groceries and places them on the counter.

She turns to me and gives me a big hug before giving the others a hug. While she is doing that I start to place the groceries in their right places in the cabinets.

She ends with giving dad a kiss on the lips which most in the room cringe at.

I grab my backpack and start to do some homework that we need to do for tomorrow that Allesia send me that our teachers gave today. Allesia and I are in all the same classes so that's why she is able to tell me what I need to do.

I take out my math book and start on that, I need to make some exercises.

Around a little more then an hour later I'm finally done which everything.

I keep yawning and place my head on the countertop, before I even can process what is happening I feel darkness take over.

———

"Val" I hear someone say while shaking me a little.

I groan and just snuggle further in my blanket.

Someone must have moved me from the countertop to somewhere else.

"Angelo, come on. Wake up, it's time for dinner."

"No, I want to sleep" I yawn.

I hear the person sigh but feel arms around me before they pick me up.

I don't complain, I just snuggle myself in the person's arms.

———

"Val?"

"Mhm?"

"It's time for dinner, you have to wake up"

"fine" I groan out and open my eyes.

Blake puts me on my chair before walking to his own and sitting down himself.

I sit down properly and start eating a little bit of pasta.

"So what did you and Matteo do?" Mom asks me.

"We got some ice cream, went to the toy store and movies." I tell her.

She nods her head, "is he doing a little better now?"

"Yeah, I think so. I'll know for sure in a few day"

She nods her head before we start talking about another subject, "principessa?" Dad calls out.

"Yeah?"

"So I got everything ready for for the weekend. The ring will be surrounded and monitored at all times in shifts. By Friday the little camera and earpiece will be done. Now when exactly will you be kidnapped?"

"So basically Friday after school, I have my last period free so I'll be getting ready at home. Then when school is officially done, I'll be walking there making it look like I just came back from school. Then they'll take me with them if all goes well. Also tomorrow after school Roman and I will be going on a mission together, normally we would be going during school hence the kid would also be present in school but we got news that his foster father got him out of school and that the kid will now be attending homeschooling. So I'm not sure if I'll be on time for dinner tomorrow." I tell the others.

They nod before we all start talking about other things.