Book 2 chapter 20

"I saw Val and Roman kiss each other" Xander suddenly says making me choke on the water I am drinking.

My mom immediately rubs my back while gently taping on it in hope that it would go over soon.

Faces turn to me with all kinds of emotions.

First of all shock and worry since I'm choking.

Then nothing really, just blank faces. They didn't really know how to feel about the fact that their little sister is kissing someone.

I look at them with a blush covering me face before I look down and continue eating my chicken salad.

"Stop, Val is growing up and don't tell me you didn't kiss or have sex at that age." Mom says, little did she know she made it all worse.

"What!?"

"No"

"Sex!"

"Absolutely not"

...and more is being said by my oh so dear brothers.

"Mom!-" I call out, "-I'm not having sex chill out." I continue while looking at my brothers.

"But still when she starts having it there is absolutely no need for drama since you all did the same at that age" mom now continues.

"Okay, well I'm going to go and you can keep talking about this if you need but yeah. I love you all but I'm not talking about this" I tell them while standing up.

I don't hear any protest while I made my way out of the dining room while I hear Roman excuse himself from the table and walks up to me.

"You didn't have to come with me, you haven't eaten" I tell him.

"I know but I can eat later if I'm hungry" he tells me.

We walk upstairs while I start talking to him again, "I'm sorry for whatever that was" I apologize.

"No need to be sorry, I understand their concerns and stuff" he says while wrapping his arm around me.

I close the distance between us more and also wrap my arm around his waist.

When we finally reach my room, Roman walks to my bed and sits on it.

Now that my mom mentioned that thing about sex at my age, I don't know how to feel.

I mean yes I'm 16 almost 17 and even though most people my age are already doing it. I don't think I'm ready yet.

But now that I'm in a relationship...I don't really know, I still don't think I'm ready.

And I don't want to feel pressured to do it.

I mean what if Roman does want to do it already and I don't since I'm not ready yet...

What if he doesn't want to be with me anymore because of that, I've heard girls talk about the fact that some boy did that to them.

"Val?"

"Yeah?" I reply while cleaning some random stuff in my room even though it's pretty tidy.

I just started to look at my bookcase and see which books I've already read, then put them on a separate shelf. Before then ranking them from my least favorite to my favorite to try and keep my mind away from those insecurities.

If I'm not ready then I'm not ready, I am not going to force myself to do something that I'm not ready for yet.

"Can you come here for a second?"

"Mhm, sure" I keep the book that I was looking at in my hands before walking over to the bed.

"What's running through your mind?" He asks me.

"Nothing" I tell him while still examining the book.

"Val" he says in a voice that tells me to better tell him the truth.

"It's nothing" I tell him while now going through the pages of the book.

He takes the book out of my hands and replaced the now empty space with his own hands.

"Look at me baby" he says softly.

I look up and meet his eyes, "what's wrong?"

"It's fine really don't worry about it."

He thinks for a second, "it's about what your mom said isn't it" he states.

Almost unnoticeably I nod my head a little, not wanting to lie to him.

I look back down at our joined hands when he takes one of his hands away from there and grips my chin before bringing it up to make me meet his eyes again.

"Look, I know that teenagers our age already do it but I don't want you to feel pressured to do it. When or even if we do it doesn't matter. Maybe in a month or maybe even in a year or two..I don't care. I just want you to feel comfortable with it. Don't focus on what other people are doing in their relationships just focus on us and we take everything at our own pace, okay. I'm not forcing you to do things you don't want to do. Kissing and cuddling if enough for me, I'm okay with it and if you ever want to take things further and are ready just tell me okay." He says still holding my cheek with one of his hands and my hands with his other.

I nod, "okay, but I want you to let me know too when you feel comfortable and stuff"

"Okay"

After that I put that book away, I was toying around with a book that I didn't even really like reading.

I walk back to Roman and cuddle into him before we start to watch the first episode of strangers things together. We both haven't watched the show yet, so we decided that we'd watch it together.

A few hours go by while Roman and I just watch the show before we both start to get a little hungry so we sneak downstairs and grab the leftovers from dinner and some drinks before going back upstairs to my bedroom.

We continue watching stranger things until we finish season 1 and decide that we should probably get ready for bed.

We both go to my bathroom and starts to brush our teeth and wash our faces before changing in our pyjama's which I do in my closet since my pyjama is laying there and Roman does it in the bathroom.

I shower every morning and sometimes in the evenings, mostly when I would smell from sweat and stuff. Otherwise I just wash my face and some other things in the evening.

When I walk back out of my closet, Roman is already lying in bed so I snuggle into bed with him.

"Goodnight Ro"I mumble as he covers us both a little more with the duvet

"Goodnight my love" is the last thing I hear while I feel a kiss being pressed on my forehead before sleep takes over.