Book 2 chapter 64

"We can talk" I say after a few seconds but still lower my voice so she wouldn't get mad.

Something I always did when I was with them.

"I'm really sorry Val, I shouldn't have yelled at you nor should I have raised my hand like that. I didn't mean to scare you, Val. I really didn't mean to, I was just worried" she says her voice breaking.

"It's okay- I just.. you really scared me" I say softly

A few tears escape her eyes, "I know- I'm really really sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, I really didn't mean to"

I just nod my head and bring her in a small hug.

I don't like it when people cry and hugging makes people cry less most of the time.

"If you need a break, I totally understand that but please just let me know okay. With everything going on, I-...I really thought someone took you away from us again" she cries.

Tears start to form in my eyes while I hug her tighter, "I know, I'm sorry. I should've let you know something and I didn't. I'm really sorry, I promise I'll text you in the future when I do something like that" I say

She nod her head but we stay in each other's embrace for a few more minutes until Roman walks in the room with a tub of ice cream in his hands.

He looks at us- at our tear stained faces, than says, "do I have to leave or...?" He asks drawing out the 'o'.

I laugh a little at his startled face and before I can respond, my mom does, "no my dear, I'll leave you guys to it." She smiles before giving me a small kiss on the head.

She walks up to Roman and gives him a small hug before than leaving.

Roman looks at me, smiling while opening his arms.

My smile grows as I stand up, embracing him.

He rubs my back while holding me, "how did everything go?" He asks.

"It went okay, it'll take time but with my mom everything will be good but with Allesandro I'm not sure." I answer his question.

"Why?" He asks while snuggling his face in the crook of my neck.

"I just don't think I'll ever trust him again and if I do never like I used to" I say.

"I understand" he says while nodding his head.

"What were you doing?" I ask him.

"Playing some video games with Xander and Blake" he tells me.

"Did you have fun?" I ask him.

He nods his head, "I was a little worried about you though"

My heart melts at his answer as I hug him tighter, "you're so sweet and cute" I mutter against his chest.

He just groans and mutters something inaudible.

Probably whining about me calling him sweet and cute.