Book 2 chapter 27

Unnoticeably I grab another gun and give it to Val before Val calls out a clear in her microphone, making everyone from our team stand up, draw their guns and the shooting begins.

————-

Valentina's POV.

Man after man goes down on the ground while I lead all the girls away from the building. When I got my clear I knew the others were save now and that except for this room, all rooms were empty with dead men. And that all the bombs were placed.

The girls follow me, the other men don't notice this since they were too busy firing at each other.

When we are out of the building, I bring the girls to the others, where they can be safe for now while I go back inside to my family.

Only the boss remains when I get back inside and 2 men of mine were slightly injured, just graced by a bullet so nothing bad.

I walk up to the boss and make him kneel in front of me while he starts begging for his life.

I ignore him and just shoot him between the eyes while saying no.

I motion with my hand to a group of people, "go to the east side of the building, make sure that there aren't any girls in here left." I command.

"You do the west, you the south and then we'll do north." I say motioning to the different groups.

Immediately everyone gets to work again, me included. 

I walk with Roman on my side to the north of the building.

We check every room and finally we find some more girls hidden in an extra dungeon.

We free them before I get all my clears for the rest of the building and we walk outside.

When everyone is a safe distance away from it, I press the remote so all the bombs go off.

I hand all the girls some T-shirts or hoodies before they all walk in multiple limousines.

The driver will drop them all of at the police station where they will be returned to their family.

I look for Emilia really quick and find her crying with a hoodie on. I walk up to her, making her lift her head.

As soon as she sees me she wraps her arms around my body. I hug her back, "you're going to go home okay" I tell her gently.

She nods her head, "are you coming with me?" She then asks.

"Oh I can't honey, we'll drop you off at the police station with the other girls and then your mom and dad will come get you" I answer.

"Oh, so I'll never see you again?" She cries.

"No, I don't think we will but who knows maybe in the future" I say giving her a small smile while some tears form in my eyes but I blink them away.

She nods her head and hugs me tighter before I help her in a limousine with her other classmates and they drive off.

When all 5 limousines drive away, I tell my men to drive off too and go home while for the two injured I had called an ambulance from one of the family's hospitals just to make sure they don't need stitches or anything.

I feel arms wrap around me before they turn me around.

Roman.

He takes his jacket off and puts it over me.

I hug him tight too me.

"My love" he says in my hair.

"I missed you" I say in a soft voice while tearing up again.

God why am I getting so extra emotional about everything.

"I missed you too-" he starts, "do you know how fucking scared I was, Val. God when they hurt you, when your lips turned blue and the color drained from your face, when that man..." he whispers tugging me closer too him.

"I know, I'm sorry" I say.

"No Val, don't be sorry my love. It's not your fault, it theirs, but they're dead now okay and your back at home safe." He says while stroking my back up and down.

"What that man said-" I whisper with my voice cracking, "-fuck it hurts and I don't even know why because..."

"Because that is how you see yourself" he says coming to realization.

I lightly nod my head, barely noticeable.

He pulls away before talking, "Val what he said about you is not true. You are a beautiful, strong, brave girl. You're magnificent, smart and intelligent. Your scars don't define you, they tell the world that you made it. You do not have to fear them nor despise them. God Val, look at you....you're perfect." He says while looking at me up and down before coming closer and giving me a kiss on one of the scars.

I look at him with teary eyes, "you can't live your life hating them, my love. It'll destroy you" he says taking my face in between his hands.

"I'm not asking you to love them, Val. I'm really not, I just don't want you to hate them. I'll love them and worship them for you, my love. But please don't hate them" he says gently before placing a small kiss on my lips and hugging me again.

I melt into his arms before we walk to my family.

I immediately hug my dad tight against me while he quickly gives it back.

"I'm so glad you're safe now, principessa" he says giving me a kiss of the head.

"Are you okay? Does anything hurt?" He asks hurriedly.

"I'm okay dad" I tell him giving him a smile.

He look at me skeptically but luckily doesn't ask more about it thankfully.

After we both release other, I give my brothers tight hugs.

They all ask me if I'm okay or hurt to which I kindly reply.

After a while dad decides that I should be checked up on in the hospital since I almost fainted. I tried to stop him but he insisted on it when I started walking and suddenly my vision again filled with some black spots while I almost fell down but Lorenzo had quickly grabbed me by my arm to stop me from doing so.

I don't really know why but I do know that when I was standing on that stage, my head started bleeding again. I didn't tell anyone since I didn't find it important to mention back then.

I do have been shivering from the cold for days now so maybe my body sort of gave out because of it. My lips are still blue while my skin is ice cold.

The multiple beatings I got these days, weren't so bad to be honest. Yes I'm bruised all over but my skin isn't cut anywhere or anything.

We got into some cars and started driving to a hospital in one of the nearest warehouses.