Book 2 chapter 78

"Nope" when she says that, it's already too late because the second the first syllable leaves her mouth, Alessia falls down.

"Call an ambulance!" I scream at the teacher as I run up to Alessia.

I put her legs up on her chair so the circulation of her blood keeps going.

I feel for her pulse and it's there but it's so so weak.

I gently open her eyes bloodshot.

No no no

Please tell me she isn't having what I thinks he's having.

Soon an ambulance arrives as Xavier comes running in the room to see me crying again.

God all I do is cry.

The ambulanciers pull me away from Alessia as our stupid French teacher just sits in the corner unbothered.

Xavier pulls me into his arms while holding me away from Alessia so the doctors can work on her.

"Shh, calm down Val. Calm down, breathe, breathe" Xavier instructs me.

I hold Xavier tight until the ambulanciers leave to go to the hospital.

We follow after them in Xavier's car when I realize that the rest of our friends don't know.

"Xavier, w-we have to tell the others" I say, a sob coming out of my mouth.

"It's okay, Xander is gathering your friends and then they'll come too." He tells me.

I nod my head while I start fidgeting with the cords of my hoodie.

What if she dies

She can't die

No

No

No

If she dies, it'll be my fault because I didn't push her until going to a hospital.

My anxiety only grows bigger and bigger the longer we sit in this car.

When we finally arrive, Alessia's and my parents are already here in the waiting room.

I hug Alessia's parents before I run into my father's arms.

I hug him tight as tears escape my eyes.

Soon the rest of our friend group arrives here and we all go to sit together next to each other.

I lean my head against Elliot's shoulder as he has his arm wrapped around me.

All in a friendship kind of way.

Hours pass until finally a doctor comes out.

We all quickly stand up and walk to him.

"How is she?" I ask him as the other also bombard him with questions.

"She's alive. Can I speak to you two alone for a minute?" The doctor asks Alessia's parents.

"Can't you tell us too?" Thea asks.