Book 2 chapter 42

Where the fuck is Jaxon!!

I stay calm and don't let anything show on my face.

"I'm okay Jace, it doesn't even hurt" I smile using his nickname.

He nods still smiling before turning around and walking away while Roman now walks up too me.

This man who I thought isn't Jaxon, is for sure not Jaxon. Jaxon has a scar behind his ear and when this man turned he didn't have one.

Oh no

This is bad.

This is really bad.

I can't let anyone know this because what would happen to the real Jaxon if I did.

Roman sits down next to me and pulls me into his lap while a starts stroking my back a little.

He places a kiss under my earlobe making some very very good shivers run up my spine, "fuck Val why do you always get yourself into dangerous situations. I know it's not your fault but thank god that you're here and okay now" he mutters gently.

I smile and grab one of his hands into mine, not really knowing what to say, I pull him closer to me and rub some circles on his hand.

"So those men are all in the basement?" I ask no one in particular.

My dad nods his head

"Okay, let's go" I say and stand up while pulling Roman with me for a little support.

If I'd stand up alone, I'd fall with this wound after that I would pick myself up and stumble my way around the house.

So, as I now pull Roman with me, I don't fall nor do I get embraced about falling in front of people.

My family doesn't hesitate to go with me since they all want to have some answers too.

"Val" Elijah says sternly.

Okay, we'll everyone but Elijah.

Elijah is a doctor so him being a doctor and my older brother is...a good thing at a lot of times, but at times like these. Times where I just want to torture answers out of someone, it's not really fun.

"Yeah?" I ask innocently, I already know what he'll say next.

He will say something about me having to take things easy and not walk on my injured leg so much. If it starts to hurt that I need to come to him and more.

When I'm injured most of my family members make sure that I'm okay and stuff but at times like these, those family members leave it alone for a minute or two.

"You need to take it easy. Don't stand or walk too much since it can damage your leg more then it's healing. If it starts to hurt or if you get signs from an infection, come to me. You know what to take when you're in pain, so don't overdo it. Rest, eat and sleep enough for it to heal better." He says.

"Okay, I will." I tell him.

I'm really craving the need to punch someone.