Book 2 chapter 83

"nightmare week has begun" Xavier mutters under his breath.

--------

It's been a little more than a week since my birthday and everything has turned back to normal.

Well as normal as my life can be in general.

The nightmares stopped a few days after my birthday which despite my wishes we again celebrated.

Roman and my family have been an extremely big help these past few weeks.

I had to sort of learn how to walk again and it was difficult.

The nightmares with the feeling so helpless by not being able to use my muscles like I could before, it really made me feel broken all over again.

But my family helped me through all that.

They taught me how to walk again and so much more.

It was difficult like really difficult but I made it through and the person who helped me most of all is Roman.

He stayed with me every night, through the nightmares, the crying session, through everything and he never once complained about it.

I don't know how I can ever repay him for that.

How I can ever truly thank him for all that.

Today is the ball.

The mafia ball.

I am a little worried not going to lie but I also know that we have big plans and strategies formed with the other mafias.

I just showered together with Roman and am now getting dressed into this gown.

There is no chance that the Swiss' could win but people could get hurt

My people- my family

I don't want that.

"My love" Roman says.

I turn to him, "yeah?"

"Come here please" he says

I smile before I walk up to him, still in my towel.

He wraps his arms around my waist as I do mine around his neck.

"Promise me you'll be okay" I whisper in his chest.

Roman rubs my back before suddenly picking me up and walking to the counter top where he places me down again, "I can't promise that nothing will happen to me, but I'll try not to get hurt okay. Just like you" he tells me while standing in between my legs.

I look up and nod my head, "okay" I whisper quietly as I hug him tighter.

He kisses my head before going down a little to my neck.