Book 2 chapter 5

Until dad broke the silence, "get your hands off of my daughter's waist boy."

"Arsenio!" I hear mom scold dad while punching her elbow lightly in his stomach, not hard enough to bruise him though.

In shock I look up while Roman doesn't even move his hands an inch off of me.

"What?" Dad calls out in disbelief while looking at his wife, not knowing why my mother did that.

"Oh you know why" she mutters before walking over to me.

"You look stunning,  la mia piccola farfalla." She tells me before bringing me into a big hug.

"Thank you mamma" I sigh with relief.

When we released the hug, I am quickly engulfed in another one from my dad.

"You look incredibly beautiful, principessa" dad mutters against my hair.

"Thank you dad" I tell him, hugging him tighter.

When we part ways again, I am devoured in another hug from one of my brothers which then goes on with the rest of my brothers, I thank them all for their nice words.

"You all look amazing yourselves." I tell them all when suddenly Ellie comes out of the living room.

"Hey honey" I smile at her.

She just shyly waves at me before running up to me and giving me a hug.

"You pwetty" she speaks out loud.

"Thank you, you look magnificent as well" I say before giving her a kiss on the head.

"We need to get going" mom says immediately after checking the time.

Okay's and stuff were heard in the room, then we all walk to a garage where our limousine already awaits us.

Roman helps me climb inside the limousine, and as soon as I sit down in a free spot he sits down next to me.

Ellie places herself on a chair next to Elijah, beginning to lean on him she falls asleep after a minute or two.

Knowing that we would be in this car for more then an hour, I made sure to bring my laptop to do some work in here.

I open my laptop and start to work on some files. Soon enough I find some new missions, the most difficult one is taking down a human trafficking ring.

The day after tomorrow I'll be going on another mission. A 10 year old boy is being sexually abused and sometimes physically by his foster father. The boy does go to school so when he is there we will be going after the piece of shit when he's home, well that is if all goes as planned.

"Ro?"

"Mhm"

"Want to go on a mission together?"

"Of course, when?"

"Day after tomorrow"

"Yes, I'm free then" he said urgently.

I nodded while smiling and lean on his shoulder, still trying to figure out all the details.

————

"Val?"

"Mhm" I hum still typing on the computer.

"Get some rest"

"Mhm" still typing.

"Val" Roman says again, now snapping his fingers in front of my laptop screen.

I snap out of my thoughts and look at him confused.

"Close the laptop and get some rest" he tells me.

"Why?"

"Because you're going to pass out from exhaustion" he says softly, "you've been yawning constantly while you fall asleep before shooting up awake again. Get some rest before we arrive, we still have a little less then an hour to go."

Now that he says that I realize that I have been yawning and constantly falling asleep.

Agreeing with him, I shut my laptop close and put it away. After doing that I lean back in my seat and try to fall asleep.

I try to get in a comfortable position but can't find one.

After turning and wiggling in my seat for some time, I feel Roman's arm wrap me in his embrace "just relax, love" he tells me, giving a kiss on my head.

I let out a satisfied hum, cuddling further into his warmed.

Soon I feel darkness take over.

———

I feel someone shake my body, "Val? Wake up"

I shake my head no while a groan passes my lips.

"Vaaaal" he sings my name.

"No, please. I wanna sleep"

"Love?"

A smile appears on my mouth hearing that nickname, "yeah?"

"Wake up, we're here."

"But I wanne sleep"

"I know, you can sleep after"

"M'okay"

"Come here" he says.

I open my eyes and crawl into his arms.

"When was the last time you've had some sleep?" He asks

"I don't really know, I've been working a lot" I tell him, savoring the warmed that spreads through my body when I touch him.

"Okay, that's not good. You're going to get your sleep schedule fixed, now let's go eat something." He tells me while rubbing my back.

"Okay" I answer, then we release the hug and walk out of the limousine, again arm in arm.

We walk inside to the VIP section where the others are already seated.

I smile and great everyone before we all sit down at the table.

As soon as I sit down on my chair, Ellie walks up to me.

I pick her up and sit her down on my lap where she soon enough falls asleep again.

"So who is this?" Atlas asks while pointing at Ellie.

"This is Ellie, we got her out of an abusive home today. She'll be staying with us until we find her a new home." I answer Atlas's question.

He nods his head before we move on to another topic.

Amy nudges me from the side making me turn to her.

"Sooo homecoming is coming up" she states.

"Euhm yeah I guess it is"

"Andddd has anyone asked you to go yet?"

"No"

"Have anyone in mind who you would like to go with?" She asks with a wink.

I just shrug in response.

"Oh my god, Val. You and Roman come on, there's something going on with y'all" she groans out when I don't give her the answers she wants to hear.

"Fine fine, okay maybe I like him a little" I say in a hushed tone.

She squealed a little, "yes, oh I knew it!" She states.

"Knew what?" Asks Roman from the other side beside me.