Prologue

Hi everyone it's me.
I am adding this note after I've finished the book to say that this story takes place in the modern day. To be more specific I'm writing this in 2021-2022. Please stop commenting hate that this book doesn't feel "authentic enough" because I've placed you guys in a different era of time. I simply made this decision to make writing easier on me. I obviously was not born in the 1980's and know very little about the intricacies about the time. To put this into retrospect I was born in 2007, so take my age as an excuse. Regardless, I hope this clears up any future confusion.
Much love, Author <3

"Afton robotics, we belong to Afton robotics?"
"Well not necessarily, our animatronics only belong to them."

Y/N and her Mom were arguing back and forth on the car ride to their new house. Dad was driving, Mom was in the front seat, and Y/N was sitting in the back seat uncomfortably between their luggage.

"More money, better house, fresh start. I and your dad could really advance in our careers Y/N." her mom sighs, she knew how stubborn Y/N was. She would never budge in her ways no matter how minor a disagreement was.

"Yeah, but I left everyone I knew behind, isn't that a little unfair?" Y/N looks down at her lap and chews on her lip.
"It is unfair, I know. But you'll make friends here, in fact, Mr.Afton himself has a few kids of his own, maybe you'll get along just great with them?" Her dad pipes up from the driver's seat, not being able to take much more of the two girls bickering.

"How many kids?" Y/N glances up from her lap and turns her gaze to her dad. His hands were firmly on the black leather steering wheel. 
"2 sons and 1 daughter, the closest one in age to you is a son," her dad tried to remember his name, "Mr.Afton's only ever mentioned him once in an email. He's 15, just your age too."

Y/N was done conversing with her parents, she tightens her grip on her phone and turns up her music. She had an earbud in one ear, and one dangling down by her chest, just barely going down the collar of her shirt. She started getting lost in thought, looking out the car window. A variety of large trees, unknown people, cars driving by in a flash, suburban-looking houses, and parks filled with unfamiliar greenery. It felt erroneous to be in this town, she felt as if didn't belong here.

The car turns on a dead-end street with the dull humming sound of the wheels against the asphalt. It was a small, humble-looking neighborhood. There were 12 houses, 6 on either side of the road.

The houses were pastel colors mostly, ranging from spring yellow to baby pink, and even one house was lavender. The colors all complemented each other, it was pleasing to look at the neighborhood as a whole.
All the lawns were freshly mowed, not a branch left astray in any of the yards. Some houses had flowerbeds by the porch, while others had benches or small seats. It was welcoming. Y/N couldn't help but notice how put together everyone's property looked, it made her smile slightly.

The car pulls into the driveway of what now was going to be their home. Weeds and yellow dandelions were growing in the cracks of the driveway, the tires of the car crushing them back into the dirt-filled crevices.
The house was a light beige, it was one story with a one-car garage attached to the house. It too matched other houses in the neighborhood.

Y/N takes her earbuds out of her ears and puts them in her pocket, alongside her phone.
"Well," Dad takes the keys out of the ignition and gives a dry chuckle "We're home."
"Oh isn't it just beautiful Y/N?" Mom claps her hands together excitedly, "The house is wonderful, the neighborhood looks so nice, I'm so glad we can call this place home." She sighs happily.
Y/N nodded taking in all the scenery, she didn't have much to say about it, "It's nice looking."

The family gets their suitcases out of the trunk of the car. Y/N carried two suitcases in each hand, grunting as she picked them up by the handles, and walked to the front door. Mom had large bags slung over each of her shoulders and a suitcase in her left hand.
Dad had the final bags in his hands and the key to the front door in the other. He puts it in the keyhole and promptly opens the door with a gentle swift kick, allowing the girls to go inside first.