Chapter 30. Humid

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚,

𝙃𝙚𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚, 𝙄 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡. 𝙄'𝙙 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙖𝙥𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙞𝙯𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙖𝙙𝙫𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙩 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣 𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙡, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙣𝙤 𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬. 𝙄'𝙢 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙧𝙚𝙜𝙪𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙠𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝙄'𝙢 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙙, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙜𝙪𝙞𝙡𝙩𝙮 𝙧𝙚𝙜𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨. 𝙄 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙧𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙨 𝙤𝙧 𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢! 𝙄'𝙙 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙮 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢.

Many Americans know July is one of the hottest months of the year, it's the middle of summer. The temperature was 95°, everybody in town had their air-conditioners cranked up as high as they'd go. The Afton's were no different.

Michael and Y/N were hanging out in his bedroom. They were so hot they could virtually melt.
Michael had his shirt off, only wearing a pair of basketball shorts, Y/N had on a tank top and shorts. The two were ostensibly perishing from the heat. They behaved like dogs in the summer, panting endlessly in hopes of getting cool.

Michael groans and flops down on his bed, "Oh my god it's so fucking hot," he puts his arm over his eyes. Y/N chuckled half-heartedly, "Yeah, tell me about it," she sat next to him on the bed, it sank under her weight slightly. Michael instantly wrapped his arms around her waist and laid his head on her lap, "Maybe it's just because I'm in here, ever think of that?" he smirks and looks up at her. She rolled her eyes and smiled, "Well done Sherlock Holmes, you cracked the case." she flicks his forehead, which acquired a quiet "Ow," from Michael.

"You think I'm cuuuuute, don't you?~" Michael teases, a shit-eating grin plastered on his face, the same shit-eating grin he uses quite frequently. Some could call it an art, but that Cheshire Cat smile, his half-lidded eyes, they seem to get him what he desired.
"You could say that," Y/N looks down at the boy in her lap.

"Be honest, the first time we met you were swooning over me. Right?" he says, only half-joking. It was no secret Michael could be cocky at times
 "The first time we met I was too busy trying to figure out why you were such a jerk." Y/N hums quietly in a matter-of-fact tone. Michael's expression levels and he narrows his eyes, "Hey, I thought you said I was forgiven for that."

"You are," Y/N began, "But you asked a question, and I gave an answer."
"Smartass," Michael smiles and reaches his hand up to her face, cupping her cheek. "You're so sarcastic and blunt sometimes, I love it."
"Well somebody has to keep you in check, don't they? If I don't do it who will?" Y/N leans into his hand and sighs happily. 

Due to the heat in the room, when Michael pulled his hand away it stuck to Y/N's cheek. "Ew, we're all sweaty," Y/N giggles. Michael shrugs, "We may feel gross right now but we're gross and sweaty together, at least." He sits up from her lap and sighs, "I'm tired..." he yawned and stretched. Today was a lazy day, after all, a nap wouldn't hurt.

"If you're tired I can head home so you can get some rest," Y/N says, but before she could say anything more Michael cuts her off, "Absolutely not, I'd miss you way too much." he playfully pins her down on the bed and climbs on top of her. Y/N blushes, but it was undetectable with how hot it was in the room.

"Mmm, goodnight," he pretends to fall asleep on her and puts all his weight on her. Y/N grunts and tries wiggling out from under him, "Michael you jerk! Let me go," she laughs quietly as he fakes clangorous snores. He nuzzles his face into the crook of her neck and wraps his legs around her protectively. Y/N gives up on her attempts at getting free and looks down at him. She felt a smile inscribe onto her face as she puts an arm around Michael. 

Before long, Michael actually dozed off to sleep. Y/N lets out a faint breath and runs a hand through his dark brown hair. His hair was velvety, like silk under her fingertips, it shines under the sun pouring in through the windows.

She pressed a gentle kiss to the side of his head, "You jerk," she whispers as she gazes at him lovingly, "I love you..."