Chapter 16. What Has She Done

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚,

𝙃𝙚𝙮, 𝙄'𝙢 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩, 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙣 𝙞𝙣-𝙙𝙚𝙥𝙩𝙝 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙩 𝙈𝙞𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙚𝙡'𝙨 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨. 𝙄 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙗𝙪𝙨𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙠. 𝘼𝙣𝙮𝙬𝙖𝙮, 𝙄 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮 𝙞𝙩.

Michael was sitting alone in his room, he was on his laptop playing a video game. He had no plans for the day, so he used his time as wisely as he deemed possible. And by that, he means playing video games all day. Whenever he wasn't out with his friends, that's what he spent his time doing.

A quiet knock at his door made him sigh and pause his game, "What?" He calls to whoever was responsible for the knock. "Bubby? Can I come in?" It was Elizabeth. Michael shuts his laptop and sets it aside, "Fine. But be quick."

Elizabeth walks in, "Me and Evan are going to play with Y/N, do you want to come?" she smiles.
"Nope," Michael answers without a moment of hesitation, "I'm busy." he sets the laptop on his lap again and opens it, continuing to play his game. Elizabeth frowns, "Okay, I just thought I'd ask..." she trudges towards the door and leaves, making sure to close it on her way out. Michael has gotten mad at her before for leaving the door open. 

Michael didn't seem to care about his moping sister, he never plays with her anyway, that is until he heard loud laughter from outside. It was coming from his open window. He pauses his game and listens to it, it sounded like Elizabeth and Y/N. He gets up and looks out the window. Y/N, Elizabeth, and Evan were blowing bubbles in the street. Elizabeth was giggling as Y/N blew a bubble in her face playfully. Evan had a big grin on his face, something that was rare to see.

"God, how annoying," he grumbles, more towards his little sister. He thinks her laughter is like nails on a chalkboard. "How fucking stupid are they? Playing in the street." He sighs, "If Y/N isn't more careful she's gonna get hurt one of these days...she's so careless."

Michael furrows his eyebrows, he didn't know why he suddenly cared so much about Y/N. It's true, she can be careless, but it's not his problem. He shouldn't even care. He plops back on the bed and stares at the ceiling, "She's such an airhead sometimes, I always have to worry about her getting into trouble. She's lucky I love her-" he widens his eyes when he realized what he said. He slaps his hand over his mouth and sits up quickly.

Love her? There's no way he loves her. He just worries about her all the time, and thinks about her all the time...okay he did love her.
'Nobody can blame me though. If she wasn't so pretty-...' he groans, not even finishing his thought. He was too far in now. He puts his face in his hands, he felt as if his world has collapsed. Does he seriously love that annoying little shit? Yes, yes he does.

He facepalms, "She's just so cute, whenever I pick on her she gets that look on her face...and she's always so nice to me...." he felt his heart flutter, "And she's just so pretty." he groans and lays back on the bed, sliding his hands down his face. "I sound like a fucking idiot, what's wrong with me?"

Ever since the two went swimming, he's felt like this. He's just never admitted it to himself. He and Y/N had fun, they didn't argue once. It was nice to actually talk to her, to hang out without butting heads. She was actually cool when he got to know her.

Them going swimming together opened a door, a door that Michael wished was closed. He can't have this, not now, he can't have a stupid crush on somebody like her. Everybody knows that he hates her, he can't let anybody know about this.

Admitting these feelings has made them seem stronger. As if he didn't think of her enough, he knew after this realization he would never stop thinking about her, but these thoughts were so much more different than usual. 'She's so annoying...it's so cute...she's such a bitch...I love it...she's my little shit."

He shakes his head, 'What am I even thinking, she's not even mine...yet."
Yet? There's no way he'd try dating her, he can't admit he likes her. It was too embarrassing, and she would probably make fun of him. His friends would make fun of him too, and his family. There's no way he can risk telling her or anybody, it wouldn't go as planned. 

He lets out a harsh breath and shuts his window, the sound of Y/N's laughter drowns away, muffled behind the glass. He stares at her a moment before shutting the curtian and sitting on his bed again. He covers his face in his hands, as if hiding behind his palms would make him escape the pulling feeling on his heart.
"What has this girl done to me?"