Chapter 8. She Came Home Stompin'

Y/N just got home from the incident at the park, her face was hot with anger, and her heart was thumping in her chest as if it would burst out of her. As she walks in through the front door she slams it shut, kicking her shoes off in irritation. Her mom and dad, who were sitting in the living room, turn their heads to her. "What's wrong sweetheart?" Mom tilts her head slightly.
"I'm so sick of that fucking Michael Afton!" Y/N stomps off to her room, slamming that door as well.

Mom and Dad look between each other and sigh. Dad decided to be the one to talk to her. He sets the newspaper down he was reading previously and makes his way to her room. He gently knocks on the door with the back of his hand, "Y/N? Can I come in?"
Y/N lets out a harsh breath and flung the door open, coming face to face with her father, "What, dad?" a scowl written on her face.

"What happened kiddo?" he gives her a soft look, "Something happened with Michael?"
Y/N looks down at the ground, "Yeah, you could say that again." she mumbles.
"Can we talk about it?" Dad smiles slightly, trying to get her to open up. Y/N gnaws her lip slightly and gave him a short nod. She steps aside and allows him into her room.

The two sit on the bed, the mattress makes a quiet creak as their weights sink into the cushion. "Alright kid, now what's going on." Dad puts a hand on her lower back lovingly.
"I was at the park today hanging out, and later I was going to go get a snack at the convenience store nearby..." she pauses, her eyes filling with rage as she remembers the events from prior. "His gang of assholes basically harassed me. I was sitting on the swing and they grabbed it by the chains, I couldn't move, they trapped me..!" she stammers, becoming too upset to form words. But Dad didn't need to hear any more words, he got the point.

Dad's eyes widened, "Oh Y/N..." he sighs and shakes his head, "Michaels a troubled boy, you know that...he just needs time to know you-" Y/N cuts him off instantly. "Dad, I don't care! Troubled or not you don't do that to someone unless you're an asshole!"
"Watch your language, hun." he states softly, "I know you're upset, and Michael was in the wrong, but you need to learn to get along with him."

"No! I don't want to! You and Mom just want me to be nice to him because his parents are your bosses." she crossed her arms and huffed. Dad furrows his eyebrows, "You know that's not true, Y/N. The Afton's were kind enough to help us unpack and kind enough to offer your mom and I these jobs...they've done so much for us."

"No, William and Vera have done a lot for us. Michael's done nothing for me besides make me miserable! I've been nothing but nice to him he's just a jerk! A huge jerk!"
Dad frowns slightly, "I know hun, but just for me and your mom, please try and get along with Michael. I know you've got a big heart kid, and I know you could help Michael, you just gotta give him a chance." he pleads, putting his hand on her knee. "Michael needs somebody like you in his life."

Y/N puts her head in her hands, a million thoughts a minute going through her mind. She would rather move again than see Michael again. She would rather move across the country than face him right now. However, she didn't want to make her dad upset. She knew he and Mom liked the Afton's. Not to mention this job is important to them, it's a miracle they got it. She lets out a small groan and runs her hands down her face, turning her head to look at her father, she stares at him for a moment.

"Fine, Dad. I'll try getting along with him."
Dad smiles and ruffles her hair, "I knew you'd come through for me kiddo, you can do this. You just gotta be patient."
Y/N nodded and propped her head in her hands, "No promises I'll get through to him though, he's stubborn."
"Bullheaded, just like his father! I admire William for that, which makes him a good boss." Dad chuckles dryly, "It must run in the family...y'know, in a way it reminds me of you, Y/N."

Y/N smiles slightly and cocks her eyebrow, "You think?"
"Yeah, maybe you and Michael have more in common than you think." He nudges her playfully.
"And what are you implying by that?" she cracks a smirk and a short laugh.
"Oh, nothing, nothing at all," Dad gives her a puckish look, "But you know boys bully a girl when he likes her." he winks.
Y/N blushed and shoved her dad jokingly, "Dad!"