Chapter 27. Blood on His Shoulder

𝙃𝙚𝙮 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨, 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙛𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙈𝙞𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙚𝙡'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙬, 𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙖𝙢𝙨 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨. 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙖𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙣 𝙖 𝙏𝙞𝙠𝙏𝙤𝙠 𝙄 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝘼𝙡𝙪𝙫𝙤𝙞𝙧. 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙖𝙣 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙄 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙖 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚 𝙥𝙡𝙤𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧, 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨, 𝙝𝙚𝙝. 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙖 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙁𝙐𝙇𝙇 𝘾𝙍𝙀𝘿𝙄𝙏 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨. 𝘼𝙡𝙨𝙤 𝙨𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙜𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙩 <3

Michael was sitting on the couch watching television. It was late at night, 11 PM, and his mom and siblings already went to bed. He was up waiting for his dad, who was sure to be home any second.

It was two years before Y/N moved into town. Michael was turning 14 that summer. This was around the time Michael started acting more juvenile. He had always been a trouble-maker, when he was a toddler he would color on the walls, as a child he would often break things in the house by playing baseball with his mothers favorite vase.

But now Michael started hanging out with a gang of boys who influence his activities. He skips school, and when he does attend school he usually never pays attention to class. He did this out of rebellion, it's true that he's always broke the rules, but now he enjoyed testing the fabrics of pissing off his parents. How much could he get away with before they snapped.

What stopped him from going all out, was his dad, Michael was terrified of William. William puts on a front to other people, that he's a good family man. Just your average working father with children who love him dearly, a wife who cherishes him, the picture perfect family. But this was far from the truth, for Michael at least.

There will be times in the garage when he's helping his father work on various mechanical things, such as animatronic endoskeletons, car parts, etc. One time in particular William asked Michael for a wrench, and when Michael handed him the wrong one his father snapped. He smacked Michael across the face, and when Michael let out a yelp of surprise William hit him over the head with a plastic pipe. Mostly harmless, but it still did damage.

Michael will never forget that, because ever since that day in the garage his dad is more keen on violence. Time after time he's hit Michael, or verbally threatened him. Not to mention him degrading Michael, calling him worthless, pathetic, a not good enough, a crybaby. All that and more, but Michael tries to forget it. He knows his mind will never let the memory go, but he pushes it to the back of his mind as much as he can.

With a long sigh, Michael continues watching the television show.
"How will it all end? The passion, the tension, the intrigue?" The showy voice of the television announcer was the only sound in the quiet house. "Tune in tomorrow for the exciting conclusion-"

Michael suddenly could hear footsteps approaching the front door, he quickly shuts off the television in anticipation of his dad. "Shit..." he murmurs.
The jingle of keys rattle in the door, and with a swift gentle kick the door opens.

Michael gets up from the couch begrudgingly, and turns the corner. His dad was later than usual to getting home, this confused Michael greatly. "Hi dad you're-" his voice catches in his throat when he sees him.

Blood. Blood everywhere. It soaked his once pure white shirt, it was smeared on his pale face, the dark red liquid seemed the glow under the moonlight which shone in from the windows.

Afraid something happened to his father, Michael finds his voice once more, "What...what happened, what did you-" he was cut off by Williams cold sophisticated sounding voice that cut through his skin and sent a shiver down the young boys spine.

"I killed them."
Silence fell over them. Michaels eyes were shifting from his dads blood-soaked shirt to his sagging blue eyes. He felt like cornered prey under the gaze of William. There was no doubting the drunkenness of his fathers eyes, the eyebags, the tiredness, Michael knew this face all too well.

"I killed them, Michael! Six of them! Six kids!" A large deranged smile was sickeningly plastered on Williams face as he told the disgusting events that took place.
Michaels heart was beating out of his chest, he had already broken into a cold sweat. What was his dad talking about? Did he really kill six children? Why, and where?

"Why did..." Michaels voice was trembling "why did you..."
William suddenly grips his sons shoulders, this made Michael flinch and quickly dart his eyes upwards to meet his fathers.

"They're all dead, I cut into them, I watched them die!" The look in his eyes were astoundingly different from nearly a few minutes ago. Crazy, insane, psychotic. His pupils were the size of dots, you couldn't see an ounce of humanity left in the soulless blue voids.

"I even used a suit on one! You remember Ol' Fredbear, don't you?!" His voice sounded wicked, almost like a cackle. Michael was now afraid for his own safety, but the safety of his siblings. If they woke up from Williams loud outburst, who knows what he'd do to them. If he was willing to do it to six other children, what stopped him from doing it to his own.
Evan and Elizabeth, Michael knew whatever came from this, he couldn't let William touch them.

"You...remember..." Williams eyes looked as if he was holding onto the last shred of his former identity. The loving father he once was, before he would hit Michael, before any of this mess happened. As if he was reaching out his hand to Michael in desperation, as much as Michael wanted to help him, and understand him, he couldn't. Not after this.

His strong hold on his shoulders loosens until they completely part from Michael's. William slowly turns on his heels and walks across the room. Each step he took made an echoing tap against the wood floor. He leans his weight on the kitchen table in front of him and stares down at it.

The blood from his face drips down to the table. Little red droplets contrast against the brown oak table. Michael could hear shaken breaths from his father, they sounded like breathy sobs.  Michael's face was pale with suspense and fear as he anticipated what William would do next.

"Michael..."
"Yes, dad..?" Michael swallows hard, his throat gone dry.
"Tell anyone about this and I'll slit your throat."