Chapter 28. Unlikely Rekindling

It was official, Y/N knew about William Afton. She swore to never tell a single soul, which took a massive weight off Michael's shoulders. He's never been able to tell anyone about his father's abuse, or killings. It felt nice to get rid of that mental baggage.

Michael was taking a walk to the park. He was alone, Y/N was adhered at home doing her chores. With his hands shoved in his pockets, he looked down at the cracked sidewalk as he made his way.

Lethargic thoughts entered his mind. What was Y/N doing right now? Did she miss him? He missed her. He wished she could be there walking alongside him. He loves whenever they go on walks together.
A slight smile unintentionally etched on his face. Whenever he thought of Y/N it made his heart beat faster. But how could it not? She's captivating, she's comical, and most importantly she's his.

He eventually made it to the park. The same park that he and his old friends used to come to.
Michael had to admit, he did miss them occasionally. He missed sitting on top of the monkey bars with them and intimidating little kids. He missed their idiotic sense of humor. Ever since their argument, Michael was the only one to visit the park.

 He lets out a short sigh and climbed up the monkey bars. He props himself on the top of them and looks up at the sky above. It was a beautiful day, he wished Y/N could enjoy it with him. The air was warm as the gentle breeze would pass through the trees. The sun was beating down on Michael's already tan face and shoulders.

Now he really wished Y/N was there. He lets out a short breath and closed his eyes, soaking up the sun; it felt pleasant against his face. His mind attempted to think of other things, but it always went back to Y/N. Michael never expected to be so utterly obsessed with her. Not in an unhealthy way of course, but the way he constantly has her on his mind. He always wants to see her, to hug her, to kiss her. He loved her more than life itself, she is his life.

A voice interrupted his ostensibly endless thoughts of Y/N.

"Hey, got room for one more?"

Michael looks behind himself quickly and widens his eyes at the person in front of him.

"Chica mask?" Michael tried hiding the astonishment in his voice but failed. He couldn't believe it was him. But most significantly why did he seem so nonchalant? As if the altercation between them never happened.
"The one and only." Chica mask smiles hesitantly as he climbed up the monkey bars.
Michael scooted over to make room and Chica mask sat next to him, making sure to keep some space between them.

An awkward silence fell between the two. Michael avoided eye contact by continuing to look up at the sky. Chica mask kicked his feet absently. "So, um, how you been, Mike?"
"Decent. You?"
"Same here."

More awkward silence. It drove the two crazy, but none of them wanted to be the one to break the silence.
"Look, I know we aren't really on speaking terms but work with me here." Chica mask groans quietly, "I feel bad for what happened. I know I was in the wrong, or whatever..." he mumbles. The apology stunned Michael greatly, Chica mask has never been one to apologize. Michael shifts his gaze to look at the teenage boy, "So you're sorry?" he raised an eyebrow.

Chica mask crossed his arms and stared at the ground, "Yeah, I am...I think it was pretty obvious I had a thing for Y/N, and it was just as obvious you did too. I heard from Bonnie mask you're dating her."
Michael furrows his eyebrows slightly, how did Bonnie mask find out about their relationship? He hasn't talked to any of them since the fight. Well, besides now of course.

"Yeah, I'm dating her. What's it to you?" Michael started to get defensive. He remembered the way Chica mask and the other guys would talk about Y/N, it angered him all over again.
"Hey, calm down tough guy. I just wanted to say congrats, I hope you guys are happy together."

Michael softens his expression ever so slightly, "Oh. Uh. Thanks..?"
"That's not all I wanted to say, let me finish dumbass." Chica mask rolled his eyes, "I also wanted to know if me and you could try being friends again...I know you probably hate me now, but since Y/N was the only thing we were fighting over, there's nothing to fight over now."

Michael was quiet for a moment as he considered it. It was disgusting the way that Chica mask spoke about Y/N. Michael would get pissed off every time he thought about it. Now that Y/N was Michael's girlfriend, he would not have to worry about Chica mask winning her over. Not to mention the apology seemed sincere enough.

Michael finally looked Chica mask in the eyes, a stern expression was written all over his face.
"Fine. We can try and be friends again, I'm fine with that. But if you say anything about Y/N I don't like, I'll kick your ass again. Deal?" He holds his hand out for him to shake
Chica mask reaches out for Michael's hand and shakes it, "Deal."

  𝙃𝙚𝙮 𝙂𝙪𝙮𝙨! 𝙄'𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙨𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙨𝙛𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙡𝙪 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙨. 𝙄'𝙢 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙞𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙬𝙚𝙞𝙧𝙙 𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙧 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙙𝙤𝙚𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙚𝙩𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙮 𝙪𝙨𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙠. 𝙄 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨 𝙖 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙣'𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙚 <3 𝙄 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙨𝙤 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝, 𝙄 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙄 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙤𝙤𝙣 𝙨𝙤 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙝𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙦𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪.