Chapter 6. Toronto Maple Leafs

Previously...
Once they got across the street Michael finally speaks up.
"I'm gonna take a shower. Stay out of the bathroom." He says flatly. "Got it?"
Y/N looks over at the boy, car oil still fresh on his cheeks.
"Got it." Is all she replied.

Michael opens the front door to his house and walks inside, not bothering to hold it open for Y/N. The young girl catches the door with her shoulder before it had the chance to hit her, she sighs as she walks inside.
Michael kicks his shoes off carelessly by the door, "Hey twerps! Your babysitters here!" He yells throughout the house for Elizabeth and Evan to hear. Y/N takes off her shoes and gently sets them by the door, taking the chance to properly look around.

The kitchen and dining room was the first rooms she saw when she walked in. Connected to the dining room through a short hallway was the living room. In the living room there was a stairwell that leads to the bedrooms and bathrooms. Y/N walks to the living room taking in all the sights and smells the Afton house had to offer her.
Their house smelled strongly of warm apple pie. It was a delightful smell.
She looks over at Elizabeth and Evan sitting on the couch, watching a cartoon on TV.

Michael stood in front of the TV with his arms crossed, a scowl plastered on his face as he looks down at his little siblings.
"Alright twerps, I'm taking a shower so stay the fuck away from the bathroom, and stay out of my room. If I find out you were in there I'll tell Dad. Listen to your babysitter and don't break anything." Michael shifts his eyes between the blonde and brunette children in front of him. After a short roll of the eyes, he trudges up the stairs.

Elizabeth and Evan both turn their heads to Y/N. Elizabeth pats the spot next to her on the couch, "Do you wanna watch cartoons with us, Y/N?"
Y/N smiles, "Oh, sure. What are we watching?" She sits down next to the little girl, the couch sinks under her weight slightly. Upon looking at the coffee table in front of them, there was a lit candle, alongside some other minor decorations. Y/N squints her eyes to read the scent of the candle. Apple cinnamon pie, that explains the good smell.
"Tom and Jerry!" Elizabeths voice made Y/N turn her attention away from the flickering candle and back to the girl. "Me and Evan love this show, it's so silly."

A funny scene happens in the cartoon, causing the two kids to burst out giggling. Their laughter made Y/N smile, it was wholesome to hear. She unintentionally starts laughing along with them, not at the joke itself, but at how cute they were.

It was nice seeing Evan laugh. All Y/N has ever seen him do was keep to himself, she knew he was shy. Seeing him laugh so carelessly with his sister made her heart melt.

Y/N liked most kids, it depended how mature they were. Elizabeth and Evan seemed mature for their age, they were good kids, didn't break things or make big messes. Seeing the smile on their faces, hearing the joy in their laughs, she knew she wouldn't have such a bad time babysitting them as she thought.

///

Michael was finished with his shower. It felt like an eternity to wash all the oil and grime off his body. He would watch as the water flowed down the drain, it was a murky brown as it did so; needless to say the shower was needed.

He didn't like helping his dad with the car, or occasionally his animatronics, William would always have him do the dirty work. While he stood there telling him what to do, spotless and clean, meanwhile Michael was covered in filth doing hard labor.

The hard work has paid off though, over the years of doing all the heavy-lifting for his dad Michael's body had caught up. Toned arms, a lean figure, the faint beginning of muscle definition in his abs; he had to admit he enjoyed it.

Michael had a lavender colored towel wrapped around his waist, his mother and father both seemed to have a fixation on the color purple, all the hand-towels, bath-towels, oven-mitts, rugs, were some form of purple- ranging from lavender to a deep indigo.