Chapter 3. If Streets Could Talk

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚

𝙈𝙞𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙚𝙡'𝙨 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙞𝙛 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙮 𝙤𝙗𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨, 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙪𝙡𝙡𝙮'𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙁𝙉𝘼𝙁 4.
𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙣𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨. 𝘽𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨, 𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙣𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙁𝙖𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙈𝙞𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙚𝙡 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧𝙨
𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜,
𝙈𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚, <3

If streets could talk, they could tell you a lot about Y/N L/N.

It was a sunny summer's day like any other. Michael along with his three other friends was walking to the convenience store to get slushies, and afterward, they'd go hang out in a wooded area near the local park. It was their hangout spot, nobody ever dared to go near it. Most children knew better than to bother Michael Afton or any of his friends.

All his friends were like Michael, typical teenage boys;  messy hair, band t-shirts, ripped jeans, and beat-up shoes. Alongside their usual bullying, the group of hooligans participated in plenty of juvenile acts together, such as setting off fireworks in inappropriate settings, writing crude messages on the walls of the school, and even minor acts of theft. They had a vulgar sense of humor and were bad students. Mr. and Mrs. Afton worry greatly for their son and his reputation. Everybody around town knew that Michael and his gang of friends meant bad news.

The boys were loud as they walked, the sound of sneakers walking on the hard sidewalk and the laughter of teenage boys filled the warm summer air, they were laughing at a dumb joke Michael said earlier. 

"Dude, have you heard about that new family? They took Gabe Collymores' house."
"Didn't he move to Canada or some shit?"
"Yeah, that fuckers living among the moose you know?  Wonder if there are any hot babes up there?"
They all bust out laughing again. "Okay guys shut up! For real, what's up with that new family, have any of you met them?"

Michael scoffs and stares at his shoes as he walked, "Pft, yeah I have. My mum and dad made us go over and help them unpack their stuff."
The group of boys all turn their attention to Michael. "Well, who are they? What was the family like? Tell us the details dipshit."

Michael sighs and rolls his eyes, "The L/N's, family of 3, 1 mom, 1 dad, 1 daughter." He says bluntly, "Not much to say."
"A daughter? How old?" One of his friends gives him a mischievous grin. Michael, who already knows what he was implying, narrows his eyes at his friend, "...she's 15."

All the guys ooh and ahh, shoving each other facetiously, "I wonder if she's hot?! Michael, how big was her rack?"
Michael couldn't help but laugh along with them, "You boneheads, I wasn't even looking."
"What's she look like?"
"Well, she has (long/short) h/c hair, e/c eyes, she's about (height)."
"So she is hot?"

Michael shrugs, "I mean she ain't ugly, she's built nicely too."
One of the boys grabbed their phone from his pocket, "Y/N L/N, right? She got social media or somethin'? I got to see for myself!"
Michael deadpanned, "Bro I don't fucking know, I only talked to her once!"

///

After a while of more puerile banter, the group of boys arrived at the convenience store. The bell from above the door chimes as they enter, they all crowd around the slushie machine. Michael steps back as his rowdy group of friends fill up their slushie cups, it was far too crowded for him to attempt to get his drink alongside them.

He shoves his hands in his pockets and looks around the seemingly endless shelves of the store, stalked full of candy and snacks. Leaving the candy aisle was none other than Y/N. She had a bag of candy and a soda in her hands, she was standing in line near the cash register to pay. Michael widens his eyes slightly and stares at her as she stood there.

"Who you lookin' at Mikey? See anybody you know?" one of his friends come up behind him, making him flinch slightly. He clears his throat and shakes his head, he doesn't want to risk his friends being childish around her, considering how they were talking about her now wouldn't be a good time to see her.
 "No," he looks away, "I was just spacing out."