Chapter 18. Popsicle Stains

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚,

𝙃𝙚𝙮 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨, 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙄 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙮𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙙𝙖𝙮. 𝙃𝙞𝙜𝙝 𝙨𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙡 𝙞𝙨 𝙠𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙮 𝙖𝙨𝙨, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙗𝙪𝙨𝙮. 𝙅𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬, 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙎𝙥𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙛𝙮 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙈𝙞𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙚𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙖𝙨 𝙖 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣. 𝙈𝙮 𝙪𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝘽𝙪𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙍𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙨, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙮 𝙖𝙘𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙣 𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙩.

𝙈𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚, 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮 𝙜𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨 <3

A week has gone by, and Y/N has been hanging out with Michael and his friends every day

A week has gone by, and Y/N has been hanging out with Michael and his friends every day. And the more time Michael spends with her, the harder he falls. All the little oddities and habits of hers that he formerly regarded as irksome, were the things he loved most about her. His friends, however, weren't total idiots, they caught on quickly that Michael liked her. But that didn't stop them from persisting to like Y/N as well. Michael could also discern their feelings for the girl such as they sensed his, and it disturbed him. He considered Y/N his girl, even if she wasn't his girlfriend.

It was no surprise, Michael was possessive over things he considered his.

The five teens became their own little group, whenever you saw Michael and his gang, you'd spot Y/N right there with them. Her influence on the group of boys has significantly slowed down their juvenile activities. William and Vera were quite pleased with this, and couldn't thank Y/N enough. Y/N would always reply the same, "It's no trouble at all," but they'd thank her all the same.

This summer's evening, the group of teens was sitting outside in their neighborhood, near Michael's house. The sun was nearly starting to set, and it was almost time for dinner. All of them had diverse colored popsicles in hand, each color being a different flavor. Cherry, grape, blue raspberry, and orange.

Michael's friends were almost finished with their popsicles, they were gathering up their stuff getting ready to leave. "Welp, I gotta head out. See ya guys later." Chica mask was the first to go home, soon after the rest followed, saying their goodbyes, and setting up their next hangout.

They left Y/N and Michael sitting there concurrently on the curb in front of Michael's house. Michael and Y/N conversed between licks and bites of their popsicles. They talked about whatever came to mind; hobbies, favorite songs, but they were mainly paying attention to the popsicles they were eating.

The sticky dessert began to melt on the sticks, dripping onto their laps or their faces. The cold liquid felt good against their hot skin. Y/N had a (color) popsicle, Michael had a red one. He had red adherent stains on his fingers and small droplets of the liquid stained his shirt.

"So, if I remember right, your birthday's coming up?" Y/N looks over at Michael, the setting sun was blazing golden rays on his face. "Yep, July 12th, I'll be 16." (Quick author snippet, that's my birthday!)
he focuses on the ground. Y/N smiles, "Oh wow, that's exciting. You gonna get your license?" he shrugs, "Probably, the sooner I can get away from my old man the better."

Y/N tilts her head, "What do you mean?" Michael had an uncomfortable look painted on his face, he fidgets slightly, "I dunno, I just don't really like my father."
Without missing a beat, Y/N had a question at the ready. "Is there a particular reason?"
"God, you ask too many questions," he grumbles. Y/N furrows her eyebrows, "I ask too many questions because you keep too much to yourself,"

Michael wasn't angry at Y/N, in fact, the more she pushed him the more he respected her. Nobody stood up to Michael Afton, you'd have a death wish if you did. But the fact Y/N didn't even seem to care and stood up to him nevertheless, impressed him.

"You alright, Michael?" she stares at him, an empathetic expression obscured behind a facade of blunt confidence. Michael stares at her a moment, however, his uneasy expression imminently faded away when he saw the giant (color) popsicle stain on her lips, dribbling down her chin.

Michael cracks a smile, confusing Y/N even more. He chuckles, "Shithead before you worry about me, you should worry about that giant stain." He gestures to her mouth, "You're such a slob, Y/N." he gently grabs her chin with his pointer finger and thumb. Using his thumb, he wipes the melted popsicle off of her face.

Y/N felt her heart skip a beat once his skin reached contact with her. His eyes stared into hers for a moment. He retracts his hand and rolls his eyes playfully, "Do I have to do everything for you?" Y/N rebounds from her heartthrob and shoves him jokingly. "Not my fault you're always volunteering. You have a promising career in community service."
Michael snickers and shakes his head, "Considering I'm friends with you, I'd say that's community service."
Y/N shoves him again, the two burst out laughing, "Michael, shut up!"