Chapter 13. Sleeping Beauty

It was the morning after the sleepover. Elizabeth and Y/N made a blanket fort in the living room for themselves and Evan to sleep in. After endless amounts of begging, Elizabeth persuaded Michael to sleep in the living room too. He refused to sleep on the floor with them, so he compromised by sleeping on the couch.

Y/N was still asleep alongside the two youngest Afton kids. Elizabeth had her arms locked around, and Evan was cuddled against her arm.
Michael was slowly starting to wake up. He blinks his eyes open and looks around, quickly spotting the blanket fort in the middle of the room. Y/N and his siblings were laying there peacefully, Elizabeth snored quietly.

Michael rolled his eyes quietly at the sight.
The blanket wrapped around himself fell to his lap once he sat up and stretched. He quickly felt a chill run down his spine as the cold air hit his bare chest. He forgot he went to bed without a shirt on.

He sighs and picks up his phone from the floor, it was 9 AM, far too early to wake up on a summers day. He mumbles a "Fuck this," and lays back down. However, he was unable to fall back asleep.

His eyes kept drifting to the blanket fort. More towards Y/N. He didn't know why he was so drawn to look at her, but he just laid there and studied her.

Her hair was a mess from sleeping, you could already tell, even if she was still laying down. She had a small smile on he face as she slept.
'She must be having a good dream...' Michael thought to himself. He watched as her chest would rise and fall steadily with every breath. It was relaxing to watch her, as weird as that sounded.

Michael shivered and pulled the blanket over himself more. It was cold downstairs, but then again, he was used to sleeping upstairs in his room.

His gaze drifts from Y/N to his siblings. For once, they were being quiet. He had to admit, they looked kinda cute. They were both clung to Y/N's side, and Y/N had her arms around them protectively.

'She acts like their mum or something...weirdo.'
Michael looks away and sighs, for once Y/N wasn't being annoying. Probably because she was asleep, but Michael didn't care.
He unintentionally looks back at Y/N's sleeping figure.

'She looks so peaceful...she looks kinda pretty..." he thought to himself, he snuggles into the blanket more.

He then realized what was thinking. He sits up quickly and stares at his lap in disbelief, putting his hand against his forehead. "What the...-" he mumbles.
Pretty? Did he really just call that annoying pest pretty? He blushed slightly and shakes his head.

Suddenly, he heard Y/N stir awake. Carefully sitting up so she wouldn't wake the children. She stretches and rubs her eyes. "Good morning, Michael," she whispers, a small smile on her face. "How'd you sleep?"

He looks over at her quickly and shrugs, "I slept fine." He mumbles before standing up.
"Where are you going?" Y/N asks quietly, and tilts her head.

"My room. I can't stand seeing you any longer." He glared at her slightly, his cheeks still red from earlier. He grabs his blanket and goes upstairs.

Y/N sighs and looks down. They were having such a good time last night. What's his problem?
She looks down at the two sleeping children and smiles slightly. She knew it was just Michael being himself, always flipping between moods, he either likes her or he hates her in the span of a minute.

She's come to accept that. Michael's just a jerk sometimes, but whenever he's being nice, he's fun to hang out with. But unfortunately for her, she didn't see that side of Michael very often.

Michael was in his room with the door locked. He was sitting against the door with his face in his hands.
"She isn't pretty, she isn't pretty, I don't know what the fuck came over me." He leans his head back against the door and groans. "I just want her to fucking leave already. She's so annoying." He clenched his fists.

"It's almost like she's doing it on purpose, constantly annoying me. And she says I'm the jerk?" He laughs sarcastically. "Fucking dumbass, can't even see how much she bugs me. She never leaves my head, I just find more and more things to hate about her. I never stop thinking about her."

He stares down at the floor, a grimace plastered on his face. He was silent for a moment before letting out a sigh. "I just wish she'd stop being so perfect...it's irritating. But she doesn't even acknowledge it, it's like...it's like she doesn't even realize."

He puts his face back in his hands. "She confuses me...I hate it. I hate her."

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚,

𝙂𝙪𝙮𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙈𝙞𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙚𝙡 𝘼𝙛𝙩𝙤𝙣 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙨𝙚 💀 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙪𝙣𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨, 𝙨𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙤𝙤. 𝙒𝙝𝙮 𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙩 𝙨𝙤 𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙮?

 𝙒𝙝𝙮 𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙩 𝙨𝙤 𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙮?