Chapter 14. Skinny Dipping

It was a boring Sunday afternoon. Y/N was in her room watching YouTube, Mom was doing the dishes, and Dad was watching football on the TV. Nobody had any plans, in a way, it was relaxing.

A knock at the door got Mom and Dad's attention. "D/N, can you get it?" Mom calls to her husband from the kitchen. Dad nodded and gets up, pausing the TV. He opens the door to surprisingly be met with Michael.

"Well hello there Michael, what brings you here?"
"Is Y/N home?" Michael asks, avoiding eye contact with Dad shyly.
Dad chuckles down at him, which makes Michael blush slightly, "She's in her room. Go on, kid." He steps aside and lets Michael in.
Once Michael was out of earshot, Dad laughs again. "Our little girl already has boys waiting at the door for her. I told her that Michael kid likes her. She just needed to give him a chance.
Mom smiles, "Oh D/N, don't jump to conclusions, I'm sure they're just friends."

Michael knocks on the door to Y/N's room. The knock made Y/N stop what she was doing and pause the video she was watching on her phone.
"Yeah..?" Y/N calls from the other side of the door, assuming it was one of her parents.
"It's me, Michael."
Y/N immediately furrows her eyebrows once she hears his voice, what was Michael Afton doing here?
"Oh, uh, come in!"

He opens the door and walks in, her room smelled strongly of her. But Michael wasn't really complaining, he had to admit she smelled nice.
"Hey Michael, what's up?" She was admittedly confused why Michael was here by himself. The only time he ever comes over is when his siblings drag him there. But the entire time he's there he complains, he was here alone. His little siblings weren't forcing him. How strange.

"Yo, me and my friends are going swimming at the creek...if you're not doing anything you can come too, I guess. If you want." He looks down at the ground sheepishly.
Y/N smiles, "Really? Sure! I'd love to come."
Michael quickly turns his gaze from the ground to Y/N. "Oh for real?" He didn't expect her to say yes. "Sick." He tries acting nonchalant about the whole situation, but in reality he was a nervous wreck.

Y/N rummages through her dresser and quickly located her swimsuit. "Alright, I'm ready if you are." She closed her dresser drawer and stands up, dusting off her pants as she did so.

Michael nodded shortly, and the pair make their way to the front door. "Mom, Dad, I'm going swimming with Michael. I'll be back soon."
"Alright hun, be careful and have fun." Mom calls towards her.

The two teenagers make their way out the door and begin walking. Silence fell over them. Y/N tries making conversation.
"So, how are you today?"
"I've been fine."
"That's good, how's your brother and sister?"
"They're also fine."

The sound of their shoes against the side walk was the only noise the filled the air. Y/N decided to address the metaphorical elephant in the room.
"So, uh, you seem in a good mood today, something happen?"
"Nope. And what's that supposed to mean?" He glances over at Y/N.

"Well, you invited me to hang out, unprompted might I add. What's up?"
"Can't I just be nice to you without you making it a big deal?"
Y/N looks at the ground and smiles, "Yeah, I guess so. Forget it."

As cliché as it sounds, she's started to fall for Michael. Ever since the sleepover with his little sister a few days ago, she's had feelings for him. But who wouldn't? He may be a jerk, but he's a good looking one. Him inviting her to hang out was a big deal, to her at least.

After awhile of walking, they were met with a dirt path, leading to the creek. Michael looks over at her.
"You gonna be okay walking in the woods? It's only for a little bit. The creeks pretty close."

"Yeah, I'll be fine. When we get there I'll have to change into my swimsuit though..." she tightens her grip on the swimsuit.
"Oh. There's tree's and stuff to go behind. Don't sweat it." He smirks slightly, "Unless you wanna change right in front of me." He winks. This made Y/N laugh quietly, "Oh shut up Michael, you wish."
He rolls his eyes playfully and the two made their way into the forestry.