Chapter 11. Slumber Party

"Y/N? Y/N? Y/N, wake up."
Y/N's eyes blink open to be met face to face with her mom. She flinches and sits up quickly, "What the-?" She widens her eyes and looks over at her alarm clock. It was only 8 in the morning. Why was her mom waking her up this early?

"Y/N, the Afton's are on the phone, Elizabeth was wondering if you'd have a sleepover with her tonight." Y/N finally noticed Mom holding her cell phone against her chest to muffle the conversation they were having from whoever was on the other side of the call.
"Oh uh, sure. Why not?" She rubs her eyes and stretches slightly, still stiff from being asleep.

"Alright, you still there, Vera?" Mom puts the phone back up to her ear and continues their conversation. "Yes, Y/N said she'd love to!" She walks out of her room, closing the door behind her.

Y/N groans quietly and sighs, she figured she might as well get up. She never wakes up this early, it's summer, the whole point is to sleep in. Her bare feet met the cold floor making her shiver slightly. It always seems at least 10° colder outside of bed.

She trudges her way out to the kitchen to grab breakfast. Dad was already at the table eating, a newspaper in one hand, his coffee mug that reads 'Worlds Greatest Dad' in the other.

"Good morning, sunshine! You're up early." He chuckles, taking a sip of his coffee.
"Not by choice," Y/N grunts, grabbing a bowl from the cabinet. "Mom woke me up. Elizabeth wants to have a sleepover with me tonight."

Dad smiles and sets the newspaper down, "Well, that's nice of her. Are you excited to go?"
"Yeah, of course I am." She pours some cereal in her bowl, "I wonder what we'll do, though."
"I'm sure you'll figure it out, maybe you and Michael can get a chance to hang out too." Dad smiles.

Y/N nodded slightly, she didn't want to hang out with Michael. But she knew getting along with him made her dad happy, so she decided to go along with it. "Yeah, of course. I'm looking forward to seeing them all." She grabs the milk from the fridge and pours it in her bowl of cereal.

Dad went back to reading the newspaper, ending the conversation. Y/N takes her seat at the table and began eating her cereal. Dad was right, Michael would be there, obviously. But the thought didn't register in her head until he said it.

It would be fun to hang out with Elizabeth and Evan. But Michael, that could go either way. He's either decent to her, or a huge jerk. She knows he doesn't like her, he just puts up with her. Which in a way, is what she did to him.

She just really hoped he would be bearable tonight.

///

Y/N finally got done packing all her things for the sleepover. Extra clothes, her phone charger, and some board games. She slipped on her shoes and called a short goodbye throughout the house for her parents to hear.

Once she was out the door, she began the short walk across the street to the Afton's. She hops up on the porch and knocks on the door.
"Coming!" Vera voice could be heard from inside the house. Her foot steps approached closer, and closer, until she finally got to the door and opened it.

"Hello, Y/N." Vera smiles and steps aside to let Y/N in. "Elizabeth is so excited to see you."
Y/N took her shoes off at the door and smiles, "I'm excited too, is she up in her room?" "Yep! When you and Elizabeth start to get hungry, just tell me. We're ordering pizza."
"Will do! Thank you, Mrs. Afton."

After the brief conversation, Y/N walked up the stairs and through the hall. She knocked on her bedroom door briefly before opening it, "Elizabeth?" She peaks her head in the doorway.

Elizabeth was sitting on the floor with a her dolls, she perks up once she see's Y/N. "Y/N! You're here!" She sits up and dusts off her skirt before running over and hugging her. "We're gonna have so much fun! Do you wanna play Barbies with me?"