Chapter 2

"It's Emma bishop."

"What did you just say?"
Maya said walking towards her making emma scared.
"Sweety you aren't in trouble don't be scared."
Maya said to emma who was backing away from her. Emma didn't say a word to maya.
"Did you just say your last name was bishop?"
Maya questioned.
"You're scaring me."
Emma said with fear in her eyes.
"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to scare you."
Maya said walking back to the plate of food she put out for Emma.

"Why don't you sit down kiddo?"
Maya said putting the plate of food on to the table.
Emma slowly walked over to the table and sat down in front the plate.
Maya sat down one seat from her to give her space before she questioned her again on her last name.
Emma started to gobble down the food in her plate like a pig because she was eating protein bars for the past two days. By the time she finished, Jack had already left leaving the two women in the beanery.

"I don't want you to get scared when I ask you this question okay?"
Maya warned her so she doesn't run away. Emma agreed by nodding her head.
"Is your father lane bishop?"
Maya asked in a calm tone so she wouldn't scare Emma away. Emma panicked not knowing why Maya knew her dad.
"How do you know my dad? Please don't tell him where I am."
Emma started begging but maya stopped her.
"Calm down emma....I am not going to call lane. There's something you should know."
Maya then said taking emmas hands in to hers.
"Lane bishop is also my dad. My full name is maya bishop."
Maya said making emma confused.
"What? How?"
Emma questioned.
"He left my mom and I when I was younger since then I've never seen him ever again."
Maya explained suddenly realizing that he must of abused Emma as well.
"He kicked me out."
Emma confessed feeling vulnerable.
"Why did he kick you out?"
Maya asked interest in Emma's life.
"I um- I was on a phone call with my friend and we usually call each other-,"
Emma looked over at maya not knowing if she was homophobic like lane or not.
"We basically called each other babe and we both said I love you's and I hanged up the call. He heard our conversation and he said he doesn't want gay in this household and he kicked me out."
Emma explained feeling like she could trust Maya. Maya didn't know what to say but she knew she had to say something.
"So it was a girl huh?"
Maya asked trying to bond with her.
"Uh yeah."
Emma answered shyly.
"What's her name?"
Maya asked.
"Her name is Olivia but I call her liv and she's my bestfriend."
Emma said smiling at the thought of her.
"You must really like her?"
Maya said seeing how Emma's eyes sparkled at the thought of her friend.
"I do but she doesn't like me like that."
Emma said with her smile fading.
"Oh sweetheart it'll be okay."
Maya said giving her a hug comforting her,
"Wanna know something about my love life?"
Maya asked thinking it would make Emma more comfortable if she knew more about her.
"Sure."
She agreed.
"Well I have a lovely girlfriend waiting for me at home and I'm sure she would love for you to come stay with us."
Maya said not wanting her sister to be on the streets. Emma felt a bit safer knowing her sister was also gay.
"Uhhh I don't know."
Emma debated with herself.
"You don't have to stay forever you know, just a place to sleep and I can make sure my sister is safe."
Maya responded with a smile because she never called her sister before. A tiny smile appeared on Emma's face.
She eventually gave in because Maya was right.
"Okay fine but I don't wanna cause you any trouble."
Emma warned her.
"My love, I'm sure you won't."
Maya said giving her a hug.
"Okay we should get going, my shift ended an hour ago."
Maya said getting up from the table with Emma.
"Okay."
Emma and maya drove to mayas apartment.

        At mayas apartment

"Carina I'm home!"
Maya shouted as she walked in with Emma.
"Oh hi bambina."
Carina said walking over to her and gave her a kiss. She couldn't help but notice a teen standing behind her.
"And who is this?"
Carina asked.
"This is Emma my sister, she's gonna be staying with us for a bit."
Maya replied seeing an angry look on carinas face. Carina dismissed those feelings so Emma could feel safe around her.
"Hey Emma, want me to show you to your new room?"
Carina greeted as Emma nodded. Emma followed behind carina till they were in the guest room.
"You can unpack your things and when you're done you can meet maya and I in the living room."
Carina said before leaving the teen in the room by herself.