Chapter 33

When they went home that day, Emma went in to her room and never came out. Not even to eat. In the morning maya and carina went in to her room so they could talk. Emma was wide awake staring at the ceiling.
Maya and carina sat at the edge of the bed.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?"
Maya asked putting a hand on Emma's leg. Emma took a deep breath and sat up.

"Do I have to?"
Emma asked.

"You don't have to Bella but you've been in your room and you're not eating or sleeping so we're concerned."
Carina said. Emma raised her hand up to feel the swelling on her face.

"Did she hit you?"
Maya asked because she noticed the bruising wasn't there before she went to Danielle's. Emma shook her head.

"It was an accident."
Emma said in a shaky voice.

"So she did hit you?"
Maya asked unsure because Emma shook her head.

"No she would never. That's not the type of person Danielle is."
Emma said defending her.

"But she gave you that bruise Emma. This is a serious matter and if she's hitting you then you need to let us know."
Maya said.

"No maya! She's not hitting me."
Emma shouted back.

"Then how did you get the bruise?"
Maya asked.

"It's hard to explain."
Emma said.

"Just because you love her doesn't mean you have to cover for her em."
Maya said knowing that Emma will protect Danielle.

"For the last time maya, she's not hitting me."
Emma exclaimed.

"Well if you don't tell us how you got the bruise then that's what I'll believe."
Maya said.

"Im not saying anything but you have to believe that she's not hitting me."
Emma begged.

"Bambina, I believe you...... but why aren't you telling us what really happened?"
Carina asked.

"Because I- I'm ashamed."
Emma admitted.

"Ashamed of what bella?"
Carina asked wanting to hear the story.

"You'll think Danielle is a bad person if I tell you."
Emma said.

"We won't. I promise."
Carina said. Emma hesitated to say what happened but eventually she started talking.

"I told her to stop but she didn't."
Emma said making Danielle look bad.
She could've chosen a different way to say this.

"Was she forcing you?"
Maya asked as she took Emma's hands in to hers.

"No! She would never do that."
Emma said.

"Why don't you start from the beginning bambina?"
Carina suggested so they could fully understand. Maya looked at the time noticing that Emma's was late for school.

"Listen..... we'll talk about this after school okay? Now get ready because you're already late."
Maya said. Emma nodded and maya and carina left the room.

————

Emma entered the class room.

"Emma you're late."
The teacher spotted the obvious.

"I'm sorry, there was a lot of traffic."
Emma lied as she looked around for somewhere to sit. There was one empty desk at the back of the classroom next to an unfamiliar face. Danielle was sitting at the front looking at her as she sat down next to the new girl. The new girl gave her a wave and she waved back.