Chapter 14

Almost an hour later

Emma was nervous to go in so she just paced up and down the halls. Maya,carina and Katie were already in the room with her.

"Where is she?"
Danielle asked noticing it was taking a while for her to come in.
"I'll go get her for you."
Maya said going out in to the hall to find Emma.
She found her walking up and down nervously bitting her nails.
"Em she wants you."
Maya told her. Emma took a deep breath.
"Okay I'm coming."
Emma said walking over to maya. Maya went in first and Emma followed behind. Katie, carina and Emma all left the room for them to talk. Emma just stood by the door not knowing what to do. Danielle saw that she was fidgeting a lot. She patted next to her on the bed. Emma walked up to the bed and laid next to Danielle.

"I'm sorry."
Emma apologized knowing this was all her fault.
"It's okay emma."
Danielle said.
"I- I just..."
Emma said turning herself towards Danielle.
"I just I wanted to be hurt."
Emma tried to explain but was making no sense.
"What?"
Danielle asked as she put the hair in Emma's face behind her ear. Emma raised her shirt up revealing all the scars and bruises.
"These are from my dad."
Emma said trying to explain things one by one. Danielle couldn't believe what she was seeing.
"Wha- he abused you?"
Danielle asked as she examined the bruises.
"Yeah..... he used to hit me a lot and I guess what I'm trying to say is that I got so used of him hitting me that I needed something to hurt me."
Emma explained.
"I didn't know em..... I'm so sorry."
Danielle said.
"Don't apologize. It's not your fault."
Emma said.
"So you broke up with me to feel pain?"
Danielle asked.
"Mhm."
Emma hummed in a response as she started hitting her nails again.
"Don't bite your nails baby."
Danielle said pulling her hand away from her mouth. Emma looked at her because she called her baby.
"When we broke up I realized that it wasn't worth it. I love you so much Danielle and I can't lose you. You've treated me so good, took care of me, protected me and helped me with so much things and this is how I treat you in return."
Emma said knowing it wasn't fair to Danielle.
"Even though you did hurt me, I completely understand why you did it now. I forgive you Emma."
Danielle said caressing her cheek.
"Danielle?"
Emma asked.
"Yes?"
Danielle responded.
"Will you get back together with me?"
Emma asked hoping she said yes because she really missed her. Danielle thought about it.
"Yes. I'll get back together with you em."
Danielle said giving her a kiss on the cheek.
"Really?"
Emma asked wanting to make sure.
"Yes.....the love I have for you em is love you can't just get rid of."
Danielle said.
"I missed you so much."
Emma then said leaning up to kiss her. Danielle kissed her back for a few seconds. They pulled away from each other. Danielle pulled Emma's shirt down so the bruises weren't showing.
"I missed you too em."
Danielle said.
"I am really sorry."
Emma apologized knowing she hurt Danielle.
"Baby stop apologizing. I already forgave you."
Danielle said.
"It's just that I hurt you really bad.... I didn't mean to hurt you I just wanted to hurt me. I wasn't thinking."
Emma said guilty.
"Hey hey hey, stop...... everything's okay now. I'm here, you're here and I'm alive."
Danielle said giving her another kiss on the cheek.
"But it's my fault you were even in this accident."
Emma said.
"Emma! Stop blaming yourself..... all that matters is that I'm here now and I'm fine. I love you so much babe."
Danielle said.
"Okay...."
Emma said.
"Come kiss me now. I can't really get up so you have to-."
Danielle started saying but Emma cut her off by kissing her.
Emma slowly made her way on to Danielle carefully so she wouldn't hurt her. It wasn't a kiss with motive, it was a passionate kiss with meaning.
After a few seconds Danielle's physical therapist knocked.

"Danielle are you ready?"
Link asked. Emma started getting off her when he walked in.
"Yeah I am."
Danielle said.
"Sorry ladies I didn't mean to interrupt but we're running late on our session."
Link apologized.
"It's fine link."
Danielle said. Emma got fully off of her and stood by her bed.
"Okay. Do you want them in the room with us?"
Link said referring to carina, Maya and Katie in the hallway.
"Uh yeah they can be in here."
Danielle replied as she reached out to hold Emma's hand. Emma held on to her hand. Link told the girls to come in. The all filed in one by one.
The stops at the edge of the room link could have some space. The nurse walked in.