Chapter 6

We're gonna pretend that you could get you driver's license at 16.

       At school

Emma and Danielle were at lunch when Emma got her period for the first time. She didn't know what to do as she panicked and ran to the bathroom.

"Em? You okay?"
Danielle asked as she stood outside the stall Emma was in.
"Mhmm."
Emma hummed as she was scared.
"Tell me what's wrong em."
Danielle said because she just ran to the bathroom while they were talking.
"I Uhh I just got my period."
Emma admitted embarrassed.
"Let me guess.....you don't have any tampons?"
Danielle asked having a feeling that's why she freaked out.
"That too but it's the first time I'm getting it."
Emma said.
"Hold on I'm gonna get you a tampon."
Danielle said walking out the bathroom. She went to her locker and got a tampon for Emma and went back to her.
"Okay em, here you go."
Danielle said as she handed her the tampon under the stall. Emma tried to put it in but she didn't know how to.
Danielle noticed she was taking a bit too long so she assumed she was struggling.
"Do you want me to help you?"
Danielle asked. Emma didn't want Danielle to help but she knew she had to.
"Em?"
Danielle asked because she was taking long to reply.
"Yeah..."
Emma answered.
"Do you want me to help you?"
Danielle asked once again.
"Mmmhmmmm."
Emma hummed. She opened the stall door to let Danielle in. Danielle knew she had to respect Emma so she looked up the entire time.
"You ready?"
Danielle asked staring in to her eyes.
Emma nodded.
"It's okay em, just relax."
Danielle reassured her as Emma was really tense. After a few seconds Emma calmed down and she got the tampon in. Danielle was oddly close to Emma, at this point if they even moved the slightest bit their lips would be touching. Emma let out a shaky breath as she realized how close she was with Danielle. Danielle looked down at her lips and back up at her eyes signaling to her that she wanted to kiss her. As much as emma wanted to, she didn't because she wanted their first kiss together more special than a bathroom stall.
"I- I want to."
Emma said with her breath.
"Then do it."
Danielle said wanting this more than anything in the world.
"I can't- I want our first kiss to not be in a bathroom stall."
Emma said really wanting to kiss her right now but she didn't. Danielle understood what she was saying and liked the fact emma wanted to kiss her.
"I understand......"
Danielle said putting a hand up to her face and caressed her cheek. Emma nodded. Danielle wanted to tease her a bit more so she leaned in a bit, not for their lips to touch but for her lips to touch her cheek.
Emma enjoyed the moment and closed her eyes. Danielle pulled away after she kissed her on the cheek.
"If you ever wanna kiss me, just let me know because I'll be more than happy to kiss you back."
Danielle whispered giving emma butterflies.
"Okay."
Emma said back as she pulled away and exited the bathroom with Danielle.
The school day went by fast and they were on their way to the station. Danielle drove with her hand on Emma's thigh the entire time.

At the station

Emma walked in with Danielle holding her hand.
"Hey Emma, how was school?"
Vic asked as she let them in.
"Hey Vic, it was good. Where's maya?"
Emma then asked so she could introduce Danielle to her.
"Captain bishop is in a meeting upstairs so you could just wait for her in her office if you want."
Vic replied.
"Okay thanks, this is Danielle by the way, Danielle meet Vic."
Emma said almost forgetting to introduce them.
"Hey."
Danielle said giving Vic a hand shake.
"Hey."
Vic replied.
"Okay let's go."
Emma said after they greeted each other. Danielle followed Emma in to mayas office and sat down waiting.

"Can we talk about earlier?"
Danielle asked wanting to know for sure if Emma liked her.
"Sure."
Emma said as she played with the tips of Danielle's fingers.
"So um, not to put you on the spot or anything but do- do you like me?"
Danielle asked curious because she knew for a fact she liked Emma. She never really liked dating someone who's still figuring things out but things were different with Emma. Emma stared in to her eyes afraid to admit she liked her.
"Maybe."
Emma shrugged her shoulders. Danielle just wanted to be straight up with Emma. She wanted to have a serious conversation and not play jokes. Emma could sense that by the way she reacted when she said 'maybe'. Danielle sighed and pulled her hand away from Emma. Emma hated how sensitive she was but she also loved that about her and many other things.
"I- I just wanna talk to you without any games Emma."
Danielle said in a serious tone. Emma got up from her seat and sat on Danielle's lap to feel closer to her.
She pulled Danielle's chin up so they were looking in to each other's eyes.
"Danielle, I really like you. I just don't know how to tell you how much I like you. I wanna show you but-."
Emma said leaning in so their lips were so close. Danielle put her hands around emmas waist. But she was interrupted by maya.