Chapter 34

Friday.

Danielle and Emma spent almost every second together at school. Danielle respected Emma's wishes and was there for her as a friend. They held hands in the hall when no one was around but that was all. They hanged out with Rachel at lunch and showed her around the school. Rachel was being super touchy with Danielle but she never asked Danielle for her number or anything as yet. They were walking down the halls with Rachel. Rachel was in between the two girls. Since the girls missed the soccer try outs, the coach let them try out again but this time Rachel was with them. Everyone got on to the team which made them very excited.

"What are you guys doing this weekend?"
Rachel asked.

"We have a thing with some friends."
Emma said. Danielle was confused on what they were doing because she forgot.

"With who?"
Danielle asked.

"Nicole and Kara. Remember?"
Emma asked.

"Oh yeahhhhh. I completely forgot about that."
Danielle said.

"Did you make other plans or something?"
Emma asked.

"Uhhhh no."
Danielle lied. She did have other things to do but hanging out with Emma was always what she wanted to do instead.

"It's okay if you have other plans Danielle. I can just tell Nicole that we can do it another time."
Emma said.

"No no, I'll be there. Wait where are we going again?"
Danielle asked.

"We were just gonna hang out in my room and maybe get something to eat afterwards."
Emma said.

"Okay."
Danielle said.

"Rachel do you wanna come?"
Emma asked.

"Sure."
Rachel agreed. Rachel thought that she had a chance with Danielle because of how much she hanged around her. She had no idea that is was because of Emma.

"Well I gotta go but I'll see you after class."
Emma said as she opened the class room door. Danielle and Rachel waved bye as they walked off.

"What's your next class?"
Danielle asked.

"Math, you?"
Rachel asked.

"Same."
Danielle answered. They walked to class together.

————
In class. They both finished their work and the teacher let them do whatever they wanted.

"So......do you maybe wanna go get something to eat after school?"
Rachel asked. Danielle was sitting on the desk.

"Sure. Where do you wanna go?"
Danielle asked.

"Just something simple like McDonald's or something."
Rachel suggested.

"Alright I'll text em and see if she's up to it as well."
Danielle said getting her phone out.

"Oh um.....yeah."
Rachel said. She wanted it to be just the two of them. Danielle got a text back.

"She said that she can't because maya and carina won't let her go out after school."
Danielle said.

"Oh man. I guess next time then."
Rachel said bummed out.

"We can still go if you want."
Danielle offered.

"Yeah? Okay."
Rachel said.

————

After school the three of them were walking out school. Rachel usually left early and that's when Danielle and Emma will hold hands and just talk. Emma saw maya waiting for her in the car.