Chapter 13

14th December 2021

Emma was keeping a distance from Danielle. She barely texted her and when Danielle would come over she would tell Maya to tell her she wasn't home. Danielle felt like she was doing something wrong and she wasn't enough for Emma. Whatever Emma was doing, it was working because Danielle is so close to giving up on them. Maya and carina were worried for them because Emma was acting weirdly strange. Emma was on the verge of breaking up with Danielle. She really wanted to be hurt but was it really worth it? Danielle went over to their house. This time she knew Emma was home because of her snap map. She knocked and maya answered it.

"She's not home."
Maya said as she opened the door.
Danielle leaned on the door frame.
"Why are you lying to me?"
Danielle asked because she thought maya liked her enough to not lie to her.
"Im not."
Maya said keeping a straight face.
"Then why does it say she's home."
Danielle said showing her the location.
"Okay fine she's home but she doesn't wanna see you."
Maya admitted. Danielles eyes teared up.
"Why? What am I doing wrong maya?"
Danielle asked knowing their relationship was perfectly fine a week ago.
"I don't know Danielle. I don't know what happened with y'all but Emma's my sister so I have to be on her side."
Maya replied.
"I get it. Umm just tell her I stopped by. Take care of her for me please."
Danielle asked because she had a feeling something was gonna happen between them and it was a bad something.
"I will."
Maya said as she closed the door. She felt so bad for Danielle, Danielle didn't deserve to be hurt like this.
Danielle got in her car and drove off.
Maya went up to Emma's door.

"Danielle just stopped by for you."
Maya shouted.
"Okay."
Emma replied.

On Danielle's way home she received a text from Emma.

Emma: I'm so sorry I have to do this but I think we should break up. Sorry, I know you don't deserved his in a text but I can't bring myself to talk to you face to face.

Danielle read the text when she got to a red light. She knew this was coming but she didn't think it was really gonna happen. Danielle kept a straight face while tears seeped down her face. Emma saw her read the message and she got no response.
One second she was at a stop and the the other second she was speeding down the highway. She didn't care about life right now.
As she was coming up to a green light it suddenly turned red, too late for Danielle to stop. The cars were already crossing in front of her. There was no way she could possibly stop herself from crashing. Before she knew it she was in an ambulance on her way to the hospital.

A week later 20th December

No one knew she was in the hospital, not even her family. She didn't want anyone to know she was in the hospital and refused for them to call any family. Her family just assumed she was spending the night at Emma's. Emma wasn't receiving any response to her message to breaking up so she assumed Danielle was ignoring her. The whole week Danielle was laying there alone with her thoughts. She finally decided to text Emma.

Danielle: what did I do wrong?
Danielle asked curious. Took Emma a few minutes to see the message from Danielle.
Emma: you didn't do anything. It's me.
There's something wrong with me. And why did it take you a week to text me back?
Danielle: you really hurt me Em
Emma: I know and I'm sorry.
Danielle didnt respond. The nurse came in.

"Danielle......you have to call someone for this."
The nurse said.
"No. I am capable of doing it on my own."
Danielle said.
"Okay, are you ready?"
The nurse asked. Danielle had to try to walk again because if she didn't, she would be paralyzed forever.
"Yes."
Danielle replied. The nurse got her prepared and the physical therapist came in.