Chapter 9

Later that day

Danielle and Emma were still in the living room. Maya set up a mattress in Emma's room while the teens hung out. Maya came back out.

"Danielle are you gonna spend the night again?"
Maya asked. Danielle looked down at Emma to see if it was okay. Emma smiled with a nod.
"Yeah."
She answered.
"Okay. Do you need any clothes to shower or anything?"
Maya asked so she would lend her something to wear.
"Uh I can make a trip back home to get some."
Danielle answered because she needed to head home anyways for something.
"I can lend you something so you don't have to drive all the way there and back."
Maya offered. Danielle bit her lip nervously. Her parents wanted to meet Emma for the longest time and have dinner with her but Emma still didn't know she was rich.
"I have to grab something from home anyways so it's fine."
Danielle said. Her sister was coming back from her trip. She hasn't seen her for almost two years and she was coming home today so she wanted to see her before her parents scare her away I go on another trip. Maya nodded and went in to Emma's room to get accustomed to her new bed.

"You okay?"
Emma asked feeling Danielle tense up.
Emma was laying on Danielle's lap as she they on the couch.
"No."
Danielle answered bluntly.
"Wanna talk?"
Emma asked fiddling with her hands.
"I don't want to but I really need to tell you about it."
Danielle said knowing she wanted to tell Emma about her family.
"Okay tell me."
Emma said. Danielle looked down at her.
"My family wants to meet you."
Danielle blurted out after a sigh. Emma didn't think it was that big of a deal.
"Okay?"
Emma replied as thoughts filled her brain on why Danielle was so stressed about it. Emma spoke before Danielle could say something.
"And you don't want me to meet them?"
Emma tried to guess.
"No baby it's not that. I want you to meet them but it's not that simple."
Danielle said making emma want an explanation.
"Explain."
Emma replied.
"Basically it's either they approve of you or they don't. If they don't approve of you they'll make me stop seeing you and if they do approve they'll start planning our wedding."
Danielle explained.
"How would they make you stop seeing me?"
Emma asked.
"Well first they would talk to me first and tell me to stop seeing you and if I don't they'll threaten to kick me out and they'll cut me off."
Danielle said as she played with Emma's hair seeing the confusion on her face.
"What do you mean they'll cut you off?"
She questioned. Danielle took the chance and decided to tell her about her family's wealth.
"They'll freeze all my credit cards, take all my money in my bank accounts and basically leave me with nothing."
Danielle sighed as she admitted it to her. Emma didn't know what to say. The way Danielle explained them cutting her off was basically telling Emma she was rich.
"Wait....so you're rich?"
Emma asked bluntly.
"Mhmm."
Danielle hummed hating the way Emma asked that question.
"So basically I have to have dinner with your rich parents who I assume are very judgmental and hope they like me?"
Emma asked feeling the pressure.
"You don't have to but the longer we hold this off, the more my parents won't like you."
Danielle said knowing her parents were impatient.
"The pressure is on."
Emma commented as she sighed.
They sat there for a few more minutes in silence, enjoying each other's presence. Maya came back out because she was bored.

"What are you guys up to today?"
Maya asked as she sat down on the couch parallel from them. They didn't really have anything going on.
"I don't think we have anything planned today."
Emma said.
"I Uh I have to head home to meet somebody but I'll be gone for only an hour."
Danielle answered making her seem suspicious. Maya knew exactly that this was gonna turn in to a jealousy conversation. Emma looked up at Danielle.
"Who do you have to meet?"
Emma asked a little jealous. Danielle was laughing on the inside.
"What? Are you jealous?"
Danielle asked teasing her.
"Nope. Not at all."
Emma answered turning away from Danielle. Danielle felt a change of mood from emma.
"I can feel the jealousy radiating off your body em."
Danielle commented. Emma let out a deep breath before she got up from Danielle's lap and started to walk away. Danielle grabbed her arm and pulled her back so she couldn't go anywhere.
"It's just my sister em. No need for you to get mad at me."
Danielle explained. Emma felt like a fool. She then had a small grin appear on her face. She collapsed in to Danielle's lap once again as Danielle just shook her head.