Chapter 27

Emma and Danielle were waiting nervously in the living room. They heard the couple arguing and knew it was all their fault. Emma felt so bad because she never heard maya get that angry before, as a matter of fact she never heard carina and maya fight. Their door slowly opened and maya walked out. She went over to the kitchen and got a glass of water.
She took a sip of the water and put it down on the counter. Maya squinted her eyes as she looked over to Emma and Danielle. She took a deep breath before she said anything.

"You can keep the dog."
Maya finally said breaking the silence.

"You hear that Jeff? She said you can stay."
Emma said picking him up and they had a group hug with Danielle.
Maya looked over to Emma and Danielle seeing them be happy as a family. Jeff was like their child just like Emma was to her. Carina came walking out the room afterwards.
She went over to maya and hugged her from behind.

"Look at how happy they are."
Carina said softly in to mayas ear.
Maya was still a little upset.

"I'm gonna go for a run."
Maya said. She walked over to the door and put her shoes on.

"Where you goin?"
Emma asked.

"For a run."
Maya answered.

"Can I come?"
Emma asked.

"How fast can you get ready?"
Maya asked.

"Two minutes max."
Emma said.

"We'll hurry up then."
Maya said. Emma ran in to her room to get ready. Maya never really liked running with other people because they always kept her back. After three minutes Emma ran out her room ready to leave.

"I'll see you later."
Emma and maya said at the same time. They both gave their lovers a kiss and headed out the door.
Danielle watched them leave and stared at the door hoping Emma would come back. She knew Emma would eventually come back but she didn't want to be alone on her birthday.

"I miss her too."
Carina said as she sat with Danielle and stared at the door as well.

"They just left and I already hate it."
Danielle said.

"You're too attached to Emma."
Carina commented knowing that they couldn't spend an hour apart.

"What does that mean?"
Danielle said not knowing if she meant it in a bad way.

"You depend on each other too much. You need to learn how to spend time apart."
Carina said.

"I haven't told Emma this as yet but my mom and dad are forcing me to go on a family vacation."
Danielle sighed not wanting to leave Emma.

"That's good...... you'll learn to be without each other for a bit."
Carina said.

"No. It's not good."
Danielle said.

"What do you mean?"
Carina asked.

"Family vacation is basically my mom and dad looking for a new place to move."
Danielle said k owing they've moved quite a bit and they always used family vacation as an excuse.

"Oh...."
Carina said.

"Emma and I are so good together, I don't want us to end."
Danielle said as they both stared at the door still.